Any trans pac or BP divers here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mwhities:
I've read, yet again, that when you are at the surface in a BP/W, you should have almost no, to a very little bit of air in the wing. (Disclaimer: Everything I say about "how to" "should be" "etc" is all that I've read on SB and other places. Don't go by what I say. :p)

Michael

Yeah don't assume anything that anybody from scubaboard says is right, including me. You'll figure it out when you get in the pool.

I put as much air in my wing that I need to stay afloat. Once I'm floating I don't want to waste air out of my tank so I don't inflate the wing any more.. thats just how I do it. Let me add that I have a Dive Rite rec wing so it may act different in the water then yours does. Another reason not to trust what random people tell you.

edit:
tom wicker:
One other thing that don’t seem right to me is I got two tank straps SS buckles but on these straps there is hardly no rubber to help keep the tank from slipping. Plus what the heck is the Two small Velcro straps for on the shoulder harness? You reckon their there just for looks? one has a trans pac patch and the other a dive rite patch it

The velcro strap on the left shoulder is to put your inflator hose and corrugated hose through so they don't float off and out of the way during your dive. http://diveriteexpress.com/bcs/transpac.shtml

The Dual Rec Wing incorporates a redundant inner bladder (with a separate inflator) which can be used with both single and double cylinders. The Dual Rec Wing can accommodate up to two 95-cubic-foot/15 liter back-mounted cylinders. The Dual Rec Wing is a good choice for divers who may primarily use doubles but do not have a drysuit to act as a redundant buoyancy device, as well as those that want to be able to configure their air cell for use with single cylinders as well.

cmufieldhockey8:
Yeah don't assume anything that anybody from scubaboard says is right, including me. You'll figure it out when you get in the pool.

I put as much air in my wing that I need to stay afloat. Once I'm floating I don't want to waste air out of my tank so I don't inflate the wing any more.. thats just how I do it. Let me add that I have a Dive Rite rec wing so it may act different in the water then yours does. Another reason not to trust what random people tell you.

Against everything I've stated, I use everything here as a starting point or reference. There are one or two people, in PM, that I trust everything they say. I understand what you are saying. This will be an ongoing learning process for myself. :)

Thanks,

Michael

mwhities:
Against everything I've stated, I use everything here as a starting point or reference. There are one or two people, in PM, that I trust everything they say. I understand what you are saying. This will be an ongoing learning process for myself. :)

Thanks,

Michael

Yeah I wasn't saying that you actually believe what we scubaboard dorks tell you. It irritates me when somebody gives advice on a subject he or she doesn't know a darn thing about. Its like a new diver giving somebody else advice on doubles..

cmufieldhockey8:
Yeah I wasn't saying that you actually believe what we scubaboard dorks tell you. It irritates me when somebody gives advice on a subject he or she doesn't know a darn thing about. Its like a new diver giving somebody else advice on doubles..

Much like myself, right? :wink: I do fit that but, I'm just trying to be helpful.

Michael

cmufieldhockey8:
The velcro strap on the left shoulder is to put your inflator hose and corrugated hose through so they don't float off and out of the way during your dive. http://diveriteexpress.com/bcs/transpac.shtml

I was going to question your advice on the strap using it as an inflator strap. I was thinking if I use it for that if I was to put a alarm, dump or what ever on it each time I unstrapped it I would take the chance of loosing the strap till I looked at it closer and noticed a inner elastic band that would still hold it to the Harness Thanks for the info. I’m lost with this setup

http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=2837195&postcount=30

*phew* that was fun. :wink:

I was once lost but, now I'm wore out and my hand is tired of trying to get all of this laced up. I'm glad to hear that once you set these up once, you don't have to do it again. (Barring you don't lose/gain weight.)

Michael

mwhities:
http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=2837195&postcount=30

*phew* that was fun. :wink:

I was once lost but, now I'm wore out and my hand is tired of trying to get all of this laced up. I'm glad to hear that once you set these up once, you don't have to do it again. (Barring you don't lose/gain weight.)

Michael

It took me an entire summer of diving to get my gear configured exactly the way I wanted it. And its still a work in progress.

cmufieldhockey8:
It took me an entire summer of diving to get my gear configured exactly the way I wanted it. And its still a work in progress.

It's crazy. I know I'm on a long road of learning but, I'm enjoying it. This and other diving related knowledge is what I'm going top be after.

Enjoy it while it lats, that's what I go by.

Michael

Crotch strap is well worth it. It prevents a lot of unnecessary movement while in awkward positions. It also allows for better fitting of the bp and wing to your body.
Paul

Back
Top Bottom