Any trans pac or BP divers here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cmufieldhockey8:
It took me an entire summer of diving to get my gear configured exactly the way I wanted it. And its still a work in progress.

Yea that’s just what I needed to hear I’m on the verge of boxing all this up and taking it back. :shakehead

Night all work comes early for me

tom wicker:
Yea that’s just what I needed to hear I’m on the verge of boxing all this up and taking it back. :shakehead

Ohh com on now. If a one-arm fat boy can do it, I know you can. :wink:

Michael

(Have to rub it in. ;P)

tom wicker:

Donate it to me :) I need cave friendly stuff.

I have some idea what you're dealing with. I've been diving my new wing without a crotch strap and, initially, the bladder was riding up on me and forcing me forward some while on the surface. I've reworked the straps and really cinched up the shoulder straps so it's quite snug and now I'm using it with a dry suit as well.

Because the dry suit is providing some additional positive buoyancy, and because the wing is strapped on tighter, I am having no problem with it riding up or tipping me forward on the surface. I really like the set-up now, after 6 dives as is. It seems that, underwater, horizontal is the natural position with this set-up. But if I didn't have a dry suit I would likely add a crotch strap to ensure the wing stays centered on my back.

Also, you do feel a bit naked initially, with out the jacket, but I'll bet you like it better in the long run. Good luck.

I only have 2 dives on my TransPac. Right now I enjoy the setup. I like the freedom and do not long for the chest squeeze. I had a choice and I think I made the right choice for me.
Howard

I think I will like that feel as well. I just tried on my BP/W. feels good, I just need to do some adjusting=.

I finally have my BP/W rig completed. I just took pictures and I'm transferring them now. I'll post them in a few.

Michael

tom wicker:

Tom,
I have a DVD at the Dive Shop that I would be willing to let You use. (even tho You bought elswere :no ) On Diving the Trans Pac made by Dive Rite.

Get`em Gary! Get`em!

Michael

algulfdiver:
Tom,
I have a DVD at the Dive Shop that I would be willing to let You use. (even tho You bought elswere :no ) On Diving the Trans Pac made by Dive Rite.

Thanks for the offer Gary. Boy now do I have a guilt feeling, I feel as if I should go to the corner and bawl for dishwater for supper :eyebrow: . I did drop you a couple of messages on the gear here and on another board which you may have missed, and for the shame of me I got lead astray by a smooth talking instructor using my one weakness (fishing)

Anyways I will be needing a few add-ons such as the strap and weight pouches. I’m also thinking about moving my knife from my thigh to my shoulder. What do you have and recommend? Later on down the road I would like to talk to you about one of those lp 95’s. I also need a new quick load for my Rhino do you keep them in stock? Plus a flapper put on a old freeshaft I got to work on freeshafting with.

You’ll get tired of seeing my mug around soon enough this summer, I figure I can use GGD for pleasure trips and a Pensacola shop for their fishing trips. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom