Any trans pac or BP divers here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mwhities:
Get`em Gary! Get`em!

Michael

What about you you little trouble maker :rofl3:
Gary needs to ask you where your getting you gear from now Huh:D

algulfdiver:
You know I'll stay around after hours any time someone ask me to.
I'm there till 5:30
I am a Faber, Worthington and PST dealer as far as Steel goes. I Like Faber LP 95's myself

Hi Tom, Going by the post above it sounds like you have a pretty good LDS there.
I'm sure Gary will be able to help you get used to it.
Some thoughts. You'll get used to the feeling of nothing squeezing the air out of you.It's like getting divorced. At first you don't know what to do without someone nagging you all the time but you get used to it and actually prefer it that way.
It's a security issue. You're used to the squeeze and so you know your bc is working.After a while you'll feel comfortable.It is different to a jacket BC but it is better. The attitude in the water while diving is superior.
Get the crotch strap. It helps a lot especially on the surface.
People have a tendacy to overinflate their bC's at the surface.They stop with a jacket because of the squeeze. If you over inflate the wing it pushes you forward. Practice in the pool. Keep reg in your mouth and mask on and let air out until your head goes down a little then put a little in. Practice and you'll get used to it and be glad you got it too.

Hey Tom, I'm 3 mo. new to BP/W, I can fill the wing up completly at the surface and no face plant, could you have the harness higher then neccesary? When I set mine up I can just reach over my shoulders and touch the top of the BP. I do think the crotch strap would help.

I dove a trans pack for two years and then got my first set of doubles. The Traspack is okay for doubles but I moved to a BP because it seemed more secure and stable. Oh and get a crotch strap. There is a world of difference. One word of advice make sure it is secure when you desend. Dive buddies become a little wierded out when you signal them you need help with you crotch strap. :confused:

Brian

tom wicker:
What about you you little trouble maker :rofl3:
Gary needs to ask you where your getting you gear from now Huh:D

What? I didn't buy DiveRite. If I would have, I would've went and bought it from him!

(Talking about kicking sand in your eye. :p)

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom