Any trans pac or BP divers here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn:
That, will improve with more diving... So come diving. Lets dive. When you coming diving?

Actually, I'm off on the 30th. Monday I believe. I might be able to talk the wife into letting me drive down there for a day. Drive there, get two dives in with my two c100s and then drive back.

If I can, I'll get Frank to go to. :)

Michael

mwhities:
Yeah, if I'd had the money when I was at his shop, I'd still be diving a DiveRite system. :wink: No joke either.

I'm going to be about 22 - 24lbs negative. This will give me enough lift if I need it. Plus, I could still grow (can light/camera/etc) and still have enough lift to get me up.

One other thing that don’t seem right to me is I got two tank straps SS buckles but on these straps there is hardly no rubber to help keep the tank from slipping. Plus what the heck is the Two small Velcro straps for on the shoulder harness? You reckon their there just for looks? one has a trans pac patch and the other a dive rite patch it

tom wicker:
One other thing that don’t seem right to me is I got two tank straps SS buckles but on these straps there is hardly no rubber to help keep the tank from slipping. Plus what the heck is the Two small Velcro straps for on the shoulder harness? You reckon their there just for looks? one has a trans pac patch and the other a dive rite patch it

If you notice, most BCDs or anything that straps around a tank, doesn't have rubber on it. (I admit, my BCD does.) At least the older ones. If you wet the straps and then strap your tank it, it will not go anywhere. Just remember what you learned in OW class, wet the tank straps before you put it on the tank.

Velcro straps? Let side for the inflater hose and the right... uhm, not sure?

Michael

Edit: Not to familiar with the TransPac let alone BP/Ws. :p

SuPrBuGmAn:
I've seen Paulwall use dual inflators :rofl:

I was cautioned against using a dual inflators

I don't see a big problem with it, aside from looking ridiculous :p

mwhities:
Velcro straps? Let side for the inflater hose and the right... uhm, not sure?

Michael

Edit: Not to familiar with the TransPac let alone BP/Ws. :p

It has rubber snaps for reg

SuPrBuGmAn:
I don't see a big problem with it, aside from looking ridiculous :p

From what I was told there seemed to be a problem with over inflating causing a fast ascent . He talked like it was a common problem. But you know personal opinions can get somtimes

paulwall:
\\

What can I say? Chicks dig the dual hose!

2 bladders, 2 hoses.

Speaking of the Devil Hell we cant even talk about him behind his back

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom