Any reason not to get a AL30, compared with a AL19?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can't realistically fly with a 30. Steel 15 vs AL 19 vs Steel 23 (basically a longer narrower 19 if I can't get 3442 fills). Maybe Steel 15 which would be a 13 if I couldn't get full 3442 fills.

This is because doing solo cert/diving, need a second source and given that carrying own big bottle is going to be a no-go ....

Anticipate most all my diving will be in the Caribbean reached mainly via Continental Airlines (even if they do business under the "Uni-Ted name) or Southwest. Or if there absolutely, positively is no other choice, American (I drive past their big DFW hub to get to Southwest at Dallas). Only very rarely will I be dive traveling via Subaroo.

But since you won't be using your 30 anymore, it will need a new home to feel wanted and included. Tell me more about it. Is it housebroken?

OMMOHY

Oh, dear. The trials and tribulations of vacation divers.

I flew to Truk Lagoon with my AL30. Good thing for 3 divers in Truk Lagoon that I did, 2 of them would probably still be there.

Handing off the bottle to a person with no air and trapped
In a net is mike Nelson sheeeet. Lol
Actually, been there, done that.

Back
Top Bottom