Any other CCR's with Solid State O2 Cells yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RedSeaDiver2

Contributor
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about other CCR manufacturer's making their heads available to suit solid state O2 cells now that they aren't a Poseidon exclusive?

Reactions: OTF
Seems dead sadly, everybody's waiting for somebody else. No CM model from Divesoft so far, and Diverite/Shearwater seems not interested at all, despite Choptima w/ DiveCAN being near perfect for this...
In other words, things are moving at the usual pace in the diving world...DIY or wait a decade or two.

Kiss Go / Halcyon seems new but these use sensors not made by Pyro Science (folks that make Poseidon ones). And from what I've heard, these are not approved for any dive, medical or life support usage. Lacking CE mark as well, so cannot be legally sold in EU.

Oxygen scientific sensors are drop in for galvanic so all rebreathers can be SS if you want them.

It is. There’s a battery inside the cell.
But is the signal being interpreted by the DC (with CAN bus or not) matched to galvanic cells (ie same calibration)?

I will check with Martin @ Tecme again but the impression I got from him was the that the Pyro sensors needed power.
AFAIK a Power source interface is needed, and tecme sell them

Pyro and Oxygen Scientific are different style solid state sensors. One requires an external power and translator logic, one is internal smart logic.

Pyro and Oxygen Scientific are different style solid state sensors. One requires an external power and translator logic, one is internal smart logic.
OK that is interesting - so the Oxygen Scientific sensors are a straight drop-in replacement for galvanic sensors? Has anyone done this yet?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom