Any other CCR's with Solid State O2 Cells yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have been doing some reading up on the Oxygen Scientific sensors - very interesting! From what I have read on their facebook page they are indeed a drop-in replacement for galvanic cells, but Oxygen Scientific are only selling the cells through CCR manufacturers at the moment. Does anyone know which CCR manufacturers are working with Oxygen Scientific? (other than the Kiss Go). Would be excellent if they were available through other manufacturers for more conventional / traditional rebreathers such as the JJ, Divesoft Liberty, Revo etc - your more deep wreck / expedition sort of rebreather.

Does anyone know which CCR manufacturers are working with Oxygen Scientific?
I believe o2sci are affiliated and referenced on the public material for the new Halcyon chest mount, lemme try and find it

I believe o2sci are affiliated and referenced on the public material for the new Halcyon chest mount, lemme try and find it
I think that the Halcyon Chest Mount is also known as the Kiss Go. Unfortunately Chest-Mount doesn't really appeal to me as I don't see it as being very suitable for the diving that I am going to be doing - I need a more traditional rebreather on the back with either FMCL or BMCL.

I think that the Halcyon Chest Mount is also known as the Kiss Go
That’s new info to me goodsir!

And looking at the “distro block” patent they have for it combining mav, adv, bov all in one I am not such a fan either (tho it’s really interesting engineering)

That’s new info to me goodsir!

And looking at the “distro block” patent they have for it combining mav, adv, bov all in one I am not such a fan either (tho it’s really interesting engineering)
I could be totally wrong about that - its a bit hard trying to put the info together, especially as I probably wasn't paying as much attention as I should have been as it is a chest mount rebreather which just doesn't suit me at all.

I guess the other thing that might affect the uptake of the Oxygen Scientific rebreathers is that they are very slightly larger in diameter - not all CCR heads may have room to accommodate the slightly larger diameter.

I think that the Halcyon Chest Mount is also known as the Kiss Go.

The Halcyon Symbios and Kiss (dive talk) Go are different units.

The O2 Scientific Cell is a drop in replacement. It has a coin battery to power the unit and spits out a mV reading just like a regular galvanic cell.

I know a couple of people that have been playing with them, but they're on NDA and can't discuss it. I'm eagerly awaiting for them to be able to provide more info.

The Halcyon Symbios and Kiss (dive talk) Go are different units.

The O2 Scientific Cell is a drop in replacement. It has a coin battery to power the unit and spits out a mV reading just like a regular galvanic cell.

I know a couple of people that have been playing with them, but they're on NDA and can't discuss it. I'm eagerly awaiting for them to be able to provide more info.
Hopefully they can talk about them soon - it will be interesting to see which units can physically fit them in their heads and which manufacturers take them up.

Hopefully they can talk about them soon - it will be interesting to see which units can physically fit them in their heads and which manufacturers take them up.
I have one in my XCCR. Couple dives on it so far pretty stable.

I have one in my XCCR. Couple dives on it so far pretty stable.
How was you able to get the cell? Is it a case of you go to the bad part of town and then find a back door that has a big steel mesh outer door on it and press the secret buzzer or ?

Back
Top Bottom