Any newbee divers at Break Water Sun Oct 7th?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh Ben...... the newbees are at Breakwater where are you????

By the way , I am not in my truck I am with Ron and his wife in a dodge decota ( blue) and a traveltrailer! Me cell (lol) 916-396-1469

Hi Jim,

My dive buddy and I are looking forward to our dives on Sunday. I got your cell so I'll give you a call when we are at Break water...

I pick up my new BCD tommorrow and have a question for you. It's a Pro QD i3 from Seaquest which says not to use soft weights, what do you think?

I went over to Sports Chalet last night and saw they carry both types of weights, coated and soft. What do you recommend I get?

I dove my open dives with 28 lbs on a cressi jacket BC. Should I get the same amount again? I'm renting the weights before I decide how much to purchase and what type.

Any feedback would be much appreciated. Also where would you place the distribution of the weights? How much on the ditchable and how much on the trim back, non ditchable.

Thanks,

MG

I'm not familiar with that BC, talk to the staff at the store that sold you the BC regarding the type of weight to purchase. I'm not sure why they don't want you to use soft weight. As for the distribution, I usually recomend aprox. 4-8 lbs in the trim pockets but you will need to adjust more or less depending on how you trim out. We can work on that in person.

Yes if you havn't changed manything else then the same amount of weight should be fine.

What are you doing on the Internets Jim? You party animal!

Get's some sleep. You gots some diving to do!:wink:

j/k

Are you trying out the new trailer?

Hi Jim,

My dive buddy and I are looking forward to our dives on Sunday. I got your cell so I'll give you a call when we are at Break water...

I pick up my new BCD tommorrow and have a question for you. It's a Pro QD from Seaquest which says not to use soft weights, what do you think?

Mike,

I just looked at an owner's manual for the ProQDi3 and it says you can use either blocks or soft weight. From the manual:

Weight System - Setup & Installation
The weight system features two interchangeable weight
pouches which can be filled with either block weights or
“soft weight” (pouches containing lead shot), in increments
of 5 pounds or less. For ease of operation, low-profile block
weight is strongly recommended. Each weight pouch can
hold a maximum of 0 lbs/4.5 kg ( 0 lbs/9 kg total). The
Large to XX Large can hold a maximum of 16 lbs/7.25 kg
(3 lbs/ 4.5 kg).

The blocks are just recommended for "ease of operation". The pouches themselves look pretty standard to me. Sometimes, the soft weight can be a little bit more of a PITA to get in and out of the pouches compared to blocks, but it's really not that big of a deal.

My husband has the Seaquest Pro QD and we use soft weights. Admittedly, however, we do have a difficult time sometimes fitting all of the weight into the pocket sometimes especially when he was wearing 10# per pocket. We've since reduced that and don't have much a problem now. Looks like what zen_man was saying could explain why we had a problem-o (max 9 #s).

You guys and gals are great... Thanks for the feedback... Zen I am amazed at how you got the instructions for my i3, I haven't even picked it up yet, I do that at 11am when the shop opens...

MG

p.s
anyone know how the diving conditions are at break water? Just one more day for me to jump in with my dive buddy... Metridiums here we come, so don't be shy.... :)

MG

I didn't manage to see any of your cars, but I did get there a bit late. Probably around 9 or so. The visibility was pretty good for bw.

How did your dive go mike?

What are you doing on the Internets Jim? You party animal!

Get's some sleep. You gots some diving to do!:wink:

j/k

Are you trying out the new trailer?

Hey Buck... I got some sleep after I got home from all of that great diving , And all of the time Ron was driving I was also playing on Scubaboard!!

Anyway here are a couple of the fun things we all got to play with in Monterey this weekend!

And it was great to meet everyone at the dinner though we were late!!

Back
Top Bottom