Any newbee divers at Break Water Sun Oct 7th?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey,

My dive buddy at my LDS just called me up and told me that conditions for Sunday the 7th are going to be bad.

He calls an 800 # that keeps him abreast with diving conditions in Monterey. He told me the wind is really picking up making swells 7 to 9. He also said there is a nasty surge that builds making conditions below the water even worse.

Conditions are for 48 hours as of today; I might have to call off my dive :(

MG

That's interesting that the swells are reportedly going to be bad since the wind isn't going really be much of an issue from what I see ... but then again, I know precious little about these things.

You could also try calling aquarius saturday evening to see how it is. They're usually pretty helpful about current conditions.

I'm in the same boat, however. Taking a newly certified diver out on Sunday for their first Monterey dive, so I'd like the conditions to be on the nicer side.

From what I can tell looking at Chuck's page it looks like Sunday should be pretty good, and Saturday not all that bad.

Back
Top Bottom