Any new uwatec's set to come out?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ProductComparison - SCUBAPRO-UWATEC

The only difference between the SOL and the LUNA is the PMG (optional on the Luna) and the Heart Monitor (optional on the Luna.) There are significant cost associate with marketing and manufacturing two separate products, even if they are 99% the same. All I'm suggesting is they, Uwatec, become more marketing savvy and pass the cost savings down toward the customer to gain market share. In a mature market, market share and name recognition are big, big differentiators. Being able to lower the price to the user also improves their value proposition. I'm just sayin'. It could be better.

Reactions: Jax
Really? I thought there was more than that, like the PDIS, etc.

But Luna owners have to pay for the trimix upgrade, while everything is included in the Sol.

Really? I thought there was more than that, like the PDIS, etc.

But Luna owners have to pay for the trimix upgrade, while everything is included in the Sol.

Yep. Kinda goes back to my A la Carte computer marketing model. Besides, as you stated earlier, the Trimix may be 12 to 18 months out, so who knows what they will have (hardware) by then. I still want a Uwatec in OLED that isn't bigger than a cats head. :D (dont' hate me but I just ordered two Oceanic PP 2.1 with compass for less than $1,000.)

I still want a Uwatec in OLED that isn't bigger than a cats head. :D (dont' hate me but I just ordered two Oceanic PP 2.1 with compass for less than $1,000.)

Like Kirk said on The Trouble with Tribbles, "There's just no accounting for taste."

:snicker:

Like Kirk said on The Trouble with Tribbles, "There's just no accounting for taste."

:snicker:
I love Star Trek. :focus:

Reactions: Jax
<snip>
BTW: OLED is a totally separate technology and if I'm correct is Sony's property, i think, not sure.

<snip>

OLED is a generic technology, there are plenty of patents involved in the processes, just like any other technology, but no one company owns it. Samsung is the biggest manufacturer of OLED displays- and if you want to guarantee 200,000 per month sales they might talk to you. The rest of us are dealing with smaller manufacturers and a very limited supply of OLED screens. The main reason OLED's are so expensive is that the manufacturing processes are not fully mature- think color LCD's a few years back. It's not trivial to redesign for full color.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom