any frog kickers out there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clementyn

Reaction score
so i rarely run into other frog kickers out there under the waves...

just wondering if there are very many others who utilize a frog kick as their primary (or sometimes) means of forward propulsion for recreational diving? (meaning besides the obvious exceptions like current or sculling)

if so, what fin do you prefer/found works well? anyone tried or like a split or scoop style as opposed to a paddle?

i have had mares and sherwoods and tried many other paddle fins over the years but have found nothing better than my current pair of 'bargain' tusa cetus fins.

just curious...

I use the frog kick a lot. But then again, I use the flutter kick, the scissor kick, the flutter kick, and the dolphin kick nearly every time I dive. Depends on the situation.

Scuba Pro Jet Fins are great fins for any type of finning technique.

I learned to do the frog kick in Mares Volos, but found the Scuba Pro Jet fins to be much more effective.

Blades for effortless motoring.

Turtles for versatility and fine techniques.

We use the frog almost exclusively.
Turtle fins.

I have yet to dive with anyone using another kick above soft bottom that didn't leave a trail of reduced viz behind them.

Uncle Pug wrote...
I have yet to dive with anyone using another kick above soft bottom that didn't leave a trail of reduced viz behind them.
No modified flutter kickers?

My knee kills me when I use a frog kick. If I do one kick I am in pain for hours. A few minutes of kicking will sideline me for a week or so.

Ouch!

My physical therapist said, "Yeah, well, don't do that".

Sigh.

Peter Doege:rolleyes:

metridium once bubbled...
No modified flutter kickers?
I just haven't seen it myself while diving with others.... and I usually check behind to see what is happening.

I am not talking about sculling around slowly or drifting with a current or moving through a confined space.

It seems that when we are using the Frog kick and covering ground... other kicks stir up the bottom at the same pace.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom