any frog kickers out there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCORE ResQ once bubbled...
Proof positive that you can buy Jets online. :mean: Lorien, looks like the smallest they have are mediums. You may want to check on this same link for the US Divers Rocket. If I remember right, they make them in one size fits all. That one size happened to be too small for my size 10 feet.

Jet Fins Online

:D

WOW, Jet fins for $62 :wacko: :wacko:

If it weren't for the fact I bought my Aeris Velocity fins only about 3months ago, and JUST bought Tusa X-pert Zooms last month, I'd go for it... Not to mention one of the dive shop guys keeps telling me to get rubber fins so I can ditch the ankle weights, etc.

I may have to take my Velocity fins next dive and try some different kicks, though I'm getting the hang of splits now... Not sure I can back-up with them yet, but I do have a kick which will slow my speed down, and seems to back me up slowly (need to test it more)

By the way I went to splits because the velocities were beggining to hurt my foot when I dove, no matter what kick I used, I would frog, dolphin, and flutter switching every minute or less just to keep from my feet hurting... loved them in the pool, once I got into OW with a dry suit they hurt... :(

Also as far as I know, SP doesn't want thier products sold online, the same as Aqualung (the only manufacture I've seen with that posted on the index page of thier site) and LP sells Aqualung products as well... go figure, usually what happens is you lose the warranty, but why would you need a warranty on fins...

All I use is a frog/modified frog kick. Seems to be very efficient and does not stir up any silt.

Only use SP Jet Fins. Last forever and work great.

You don't need one for jets. It is almost impossible to wear them out. I didn't say impossible, because I have actually see some that were worn completely out. I believe they had been used for 30 plus years. So if you can get them on line, great. And $62 is a pretty good price. I think I paid $75 for mine and I thought that was a very good price.

My LDS wants 120 quid for them. Whatever that's about? Anyway, you're right Dennis, they will last forever. A guy I know has been using the same pair for about 12 years now, diving 100 plus dives a year.

DennisW once bubbled...
I thought, obviously incorrectly, that SP would not allow their products to be sold on line. In any case, I would still go try them on before spending any money.

Thanks guys for the correction.

You didn't make a mistake. SP does not permit dealers to sell online. LP is not a dealer.

but to someone like me (just finished collegeg...limited budget) they sure are cheap....especially when there's only 1 reputable shop in your area....

Hey Big-t,

I don't blame you. I wasn't attempting to maks a value statement but just point out a fact.

If you buy your SP fins online I wonder if they still give you free rebuild parts. LOL

I do know one thing though. I have to get some software to block the LP popups. When I pull up scubaboard on my home computer I always get a LP popup. If they don't get that thing out of my face I'm going to make someone at LP wear that monitor with that add still displayed on it. Sorry just ranting.

SCORE ResQ once bubbled...
My LDS wants 120 quid for them. Whatever that's about? Anyway, you're right Dennis, they will last forever. A guy I know has been using the same pair for about 12 years now, diving 100 plus dives a year.

$120?? :wacko: If my memory isn't going on me (it can happen) I remember the only dive shop I actually looked at them briefely and the one where I was told to buy Rubber fins, so I could lose the ankle weights they had a price tag of something like $200-270, and something like $289 with spring heel straps. Yes they were SP Jets only... I couldn't belive it.

After a short discussion with the boss lady, I'm going to probably see if I can get my hands on an inexpensive pair to give a try with :D If I do and don't hate them be on the look out for a pair of Aeris Velocity Fins on Ebay... hehehe... 3 pairs of fins is too much IMHO, but 2 isn't.

MikeFerrara wrote...
I have to get some software to block the LP popups. When I pull up scubaboard on my home computer I always get a LP popup. If they don't get that thing out of my face I'm going to make someone at LP wear that monitor with that add still displayed on it. Sorry just ranting.
Or you could simply disable java script from your browser and reactivate as needed.

Works well enough for me. I didn't even know we had popups here.

WillAbbott once bubbled...

$120?? :wacko: If my memory isn't going on me (it can happen) I remember the only dive shop I actually looked at them briefely and the one where I was told to buy Rubber fins, so I could lose the ankle weights they had a price tag of something like $200-270, and something like $289 with spring heel straps. Yes they were SP Jets only... I couldn't belive it.

After a short discussion with the boss lady, I'm going to probably see if I can get my hands on an inexpensive pair to give a try with :D If I do and don't hate them be on the look out for a pair of Aeris Velocity Fins on Ebay... hehehe... 3 pairs of fins is too much IMHO, but 2 isn't.

There's actually a pair of XLarge jets just listed on Ebay. With the spring straps. Might be worth a try. I can't get over that price though. That's insane 200 -289 for some molded rubber and some nice springy metal. Do people actually pay that much for them around there? I'd hate to see their prices on everything else if that's the case.
Anyway you can get the jets from LP and a set of Manta springs for around 130-140. Maybe with the left over $140, you could buy a mask strap from that other shop:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom