any frog kickers out there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCORE ResQ once bubbled...

There's actually a pair of XLarge jets just listed on Ebay. With the spring straps. Might be worth a try. I can't get over that price though. That's insane 200 -289 for some molded rubber and some nice springy metal. Do people actually pay that much for them around there? I'd hate to see their prices on everything else if that's the case.
Anyway you can get the jets from LP and a set of Manta springs for around 130-140. Maybe with the left over $140, you could buy a mask strap from that other shop:D

Yeah I'll have to check it out next time I'm at that shop... I can't belive those numbers were right, but I do remember that it was 3 digits, so it COULD have been 189 ish, but STILL... My memory is terrible but I know I couldn't belive they were as expensive as they were. Other stuff doesnt seem to be too terrible a pricing there for the items I know what they run... I'm actually going to buy my BP/Wing from them when I get one, the price is comparable to everyone else (maybe $5 more than some places) but since they let me demo one I'm willing to spend the $5 or so extra there to get it.

metridium once bubbled...
Or you could simply disable java script from your browser and reactivate as needed.

Works well enough for me. I didn't even know we had popups here.

I don't get it at work or at the store. I only get it at home. I'll try the blocker software and or/disabling java scripts but if you ask me it should be illegal and I rather make them wear the monitor . LOL

Actually, if you are getting a LP banner here at Scubaboard, you are most likely contending with "spyware" that has been loaded on your machine at some point (it happens constantly without you realizing it.) The software sits and collects info about your buying/surfing/eating/whatever habits and then starts popping up ads that the kind, generous spyware companies feel that you would cater to your interests. The most effective thing to do would be to download a spyware scanner (my favorite is Ad-Aware 6 made by LavaSoft you can download it here and the personal use version is free. This is much more effective than trying to block those ads that are originating from your own computer in the first place.

I just naturally have always done a frog kick as my main kick, along with some of the other bent knee and ankle finning.
I was diving with a DIR guy (and didn't know it) and he comented on my use of the frog kick. I didn't know they even had a name for it (or the other finnings) at the time. Just seemed easy and more efficient for me and easier to keep from mucking up the bottom. Now I'm looking into DIR myself:)

MG
:tree: :confined:

I almost always use a frog kick. It's efficient, powerful, and doesn't muck up the lake. I also use it when I'm in the tropics. I get strange looks, but you won't see me sanding-over the brain coral. My sasquachian feet limit my choice to the Turtle fins...

-Frank

I'm a big fan of the frog kick.

Of course, for cave or wreck diving, no other possibility beats the modified frog. Add to that the fact that I tend to do most of my diving in a silty-bottomed lake (Lake Travis near Austin, TX), where a modified frog is ideal for staying close to the bottom without kicking up a siltstorm.

I've also found that my breathing tends to be more relaxed and my calves are far less likely to cramp. For underwater mapping and navigation, the frog kick is ideal because I tend to frog kick in a straight line, regaredless of the visibility--not so with a flutter kick.

I dove with Mares Quattros (great fins) for a year and a half but switched to Atomic splits. Both fins work equally well in the frog kick, but in a pinch (like, say, against a current or rushing to catch a student who doesn't know he's heading toward the surface), the split fins are far more efficient that the Quattros.

For both the Quattros and the split fins, I found that I had to modify my frog kick slightly so that the edges of the fins move out in more of an arc than you would use with rocket or turtle fins. Once you get this maneuver down, though, you can out swim the DIR guys--even going backwards.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom