• I'm well known nationally

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I'm well known internationally

Votes: 11 10.0%
  • George Clooney wants my autograph

Votes: 13 11.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I once met that guy who played the main character in the Highlander TV series (although I never watched it and I'm afraid I don't remember his name). Our Kungfu school was performing at some kind of show that he was also in and we chatted briefly back stage....

I also met some national sports guy (CFL) in a café in Vancouver one day. We were standing in line and he struck up a conversation and we chatted football. The amusing part of that is that the only thing I know about football is that Vancouver has a team... LOL He didn't seem to notice. :) Incidentally, those boys are as big in real life as they look on the TV.

R..

Diver0001:
I once met that guy who played the main character in the Highlander TV series (although I never watched it and I'm afraid I don't remember his name). Our Kungfu school was performing at some kind of show that he was also in and we chatted briefly back stage....

I also met some national sports guy (CFL) in a café in Vancouver one day. We were standing in line and he struck up a conversation and we chatted football. The amusing part of that is that the only thing I know about football is that Vancouver has a team... LOL He didn't seem to notice. :) Incidentally, those boys are as big in real life as they look on the TV.

R..

I see that you are in Holland, if you ever spent much time in Damsterdamn you would meet lots of famous people

George Clooney is in the upstate filming the movie Leatherheads with Rene Zellewegger (sp?) They keep trying to find me to get my autograph. This weekend I am going to diving to avoid all the hassle.

Here is the link to all the buzz about Leatherheads:
http://www.wyff4.com/leatherheads-movie/index.html

George if you are reading this, I think you a handsome man, but unless you learn to dive we don't have a future together.

Mauifish:
I see that you are in Holland, if you ever spent much time in Damsterdamn you would meet lots of famous people

Yeah the streets are crawling with "famous" Dutch people.

That's actually a big difference living here. Back home in Canada if you saw anyone famous it would be at a distance and certainly didn't happen very often.

The film "Bird on a wire" was filmed outside the building where I worked in Victoria one summer. The women loved it. Every day you'd see Mel Gibson on the front street. You wouldn't believe how many pictures of his butt they managed to collect.... :) I never met him, though.

R..

I once met Alberto Tomba. Oh and I have his mobile number. Does this count as being known internationally?
:D

Mania

As a side line to this thread, who would you get a real kick out of meeting?

For me that would be a few people but if I had to choose one I'd say the Dali Lama.

R..

Diver0001:
As a side line to this thread, who would you get a real kick out of meeting?

For me that would be a few people but if I had to choose one I'd say the Dali Lama.

R..
Chuck Norris, Bruce Lee, Jacki Chan but only because you said real kick out of. DOH!:D
But seriously folks..........I'd like to hang for the day with Chris Tucker.

I heard that Bruce Lee is a real bore these days.... :)

I nearly met Jackie Chan once. We were in the same room at the same time but I'm a big fan of his and I was just too darn shy to walk up and introduce myself. :embarassed:

Who the heck is Chris Tucker?

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom