Any diving going on this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Cat-N-Around is available for Fri. if any of You can get here and be ready to Dive by then.
We could do the Three Coal Barges (50 foot) if we can get 5 Divers, Max 6

SuPrBuGmAn:
Reefhound and a few Texans will be in Pensacola diving the Oriskany Saturday morning and possibly diving the Whiskey with me on Saturday afternoon. rdharbis1 is down that weekend as well :) There will be people diving that weekend as long as the weather holds out.

Or if Friday is a better day, I'm OK with that too - I have off of work for once :p

That's right, we'll be arriving Fri morning and doing beach dives that day and after the O on Saturday, maybe a night dive one of the two nights, and hoping to do Morrison on sunday morning to rinse off the gear. So nobody stay home because you don't have anyone to dive with. PM me for cell phone exchange.

There should be a few spots left on the Sat morning Oriskany trip, too.

The Cat-N-Around is also available for A Sun. afternoon Dive.

Morning agulfdiver,
We are arriving on Friday 2-4 pm, probably too late for tha boat, but what time would the Sunday afternoon trip begin/end. Might could fit that in after we check-out.

SuprBugMan,
Congrats to the Winner of the Iron Bowl, I will revert to the "wait till next year" mode! What are we going to need to do a shore dive on the gulf? We are quarry divers and you don't need a bunch to get wet in those. I would hate to be standing in my wet suit on the beach and unable to dive! Sounds like the Whiskey Wreck is pretty much going to happen with a good bunch of people showing up. We are really excited about that. We haven't heard a thing about the boat and DownUnder but they told me it was iffy. I am going to confirm yes/no with these guys in the morning. Can't wait any longer and still get all the other planning in.

Randy

You'll need to tow a dive flag as a surface marker. You might want to clip your fins or camera to your BC to walk through the surf.

Seas look good for next weekend at the moment but it's the gulf - it can change fast.

Any diving going on this weekend, like maybe Vortex/Morrisons? Or anywhere in the >65 water temp range, nice visibility?

D,
I'll check at my current location but the surf is pretty choppy out here in Santa Barbara county CA. Plenty o surfers out today.
Howard

Gee Thanks, Howard
You gonna fly me out there so I can go diving?:14:

Alright, this is the last call for temps >65. It looks like I'll be heading north this weekend. If Clay can dive Pelham with a 3/2 and survive, I guess I can try it with what I have (one piece 3m, 1m, and 5m core and a hood) or rent a 7m when I get there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom