Any diving going on this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In all seriousness, we Dive n Dine every time we plan a dive here on ScubaBoard. Food nearly always procludes the dives :) We even have some usual dining places. Sally's if at Vortex or Morrison, or sometimes Cypress. Dee's if we dive Cypress on any day but Sunday(Dee's is closed on Sun). Bahama Bob's is a great place to eat after diving the Whiskey or one of the other shore wrecks, although I've been known to divert to Hooters(yikes!). Calypso Joes or Tacky Jacks if diving in Orange Beach, especially off a boat docking out of OB Marina.

We hit Surf Burger last time we were in Pensacola Beach, twas good!

SuPrBuGmAn:
In all seriousness, we Dive n Dine every time we plan a dive here on ScubaBoard. Food nearly always procludes the dives :) We even have some usual dining places. Sally's if at Vortex or Morrison, or sometimes Cypress. Dee's if we dive Cypress on any day but Sunday(Dee's is closed on Sun). Bahama Bob's is a great place to eat after diving the Whiskey or one of the other shore wrecks, although I've been known to divert to Hooters(yikes!). Calypso Joes or Tacky Jacks if diving in Orange Beach, especially off a boat docking out of OB Marina.

We need to hook up so I can take a look at that boat for you. Whats the next planed dive my friend?

SuPrBuGmAn:

How far in advance do you make your plans? I have so much going on sometimes I usually have to plan ahead a few weeks. Sometimes I can go on the spur of the moment, it is just depending on what is going on. If we could set up a certain weekend every month, it might make it easier for some of us to set that time aside. I know there will always be some unavoidable scheduling conflicts, but it would sure be nice to know that some of us could always be there to dive together.

tom wicker:
We need to hook up so I can take a look at that boat for you. Whats the next planed dive my friend?

Thursday(local), then Saturday night(Destin Jetties) and Sunday morning(Morrison) :)

denisegg:
How far in advance do you make your plans? I have so much going on sometimes I usually have to plan ahead a few weeks. Sometimes I can go on the spur of the moment, it is just depending on what is going on. If we could set up a certain weekend every month, it might make it easier for some of us to set that time aside. I know there will always be some unavoidable scheduling conflicts, but it would sure be nice to know that some of us could always be there to dive together.

It really depends on where the intended dive is taking place. I can plan ahead to dive at Morrison or Destin Jetties as the jetties are in protected water and the springs are pretty reliable. The local dives right off the beach are only divable when conditions are favorable - unfortunately, mother nature doesn't always agree with the scheduling. I usually plan my boat dives several weeks in advance due to budgeting - LOL.

denisegg:
Yes Mat, but we have got to get organized. I will make a separate post about it so we can see if we can get something organized. Help me out here.

Be careful attempting to get Mat organized; just not in his nature.

denisegg:
Yes Mat, but we have got to get organized. I will make a separate post about it so we can see if we can get something organized. Help me out here.

Organized? You wouldn't be one of those pinko rabblerousers would you?:D

paulwall:
Organized? You wouldn't be one of those pinko rabblerousers would you?:D

???????????????? must have explanation

Denise, once you meet Paul, you'll realize that there is never an explanation :D

denisegg:
???????????????? must have explanation

Trying to get the good ol' boys organized is like herding cats. I resisted all attempts at organizing the crab grab better. It's more like "I'll be diving here at this time, if you show up, you're invited".:D

The "pinko organizer" comment was way out of left field - a knock on the communist organization of workers policies of the 1970's, and the far-right backlash in this country. Or maybe pink being traditionally associated with the female persuasion, and their inherent need to pin down the male's activities to a specific "plan" (speaking as a married man, myself). I forget which.:D What were we talking about?

paulwall:
Gee, thanks Paul for the explanation. I think I am more confused now than I was before.....I'm beginning to see pink. Just kidding....no not really, I still don't have a clue what you are talking about!!
Back to organization. I won't be denied. You guys must commit! I know I am asking QUITE alot for you males to make a commitment! Just think of it in terms of a loosely organized sure thing once a month and maybe it won't be so hard on you. Don't make me call your wife and get her involved!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom