Any diving going on this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are coming from Hsv and on the morning of the 25th we want to go out on a boat if possible but having trouble getting enough folks. Down Under is who we have been talking to and they are more than willing to go IF there are enough people.
We are keeping the Whiskey Wreck shore dive as a backup but I don't know where it is. Everyone tells me it will not be hard to find, but all of them have already been there. :wink:
Does this peak anyone's interest?

Randy

rdharbis1:
We are coming from Hsv and on the morning of the 25th we want to go out on a boat if possible but having trouble getting enough folks. Down Under is who we have been talking to and they are more than willing to go IF there are enough people.
We are keeping the Whiskey Wreck shore dive as a backup but I don't know where it is. Everyone tells me it will not be hard to find, but all of them have already been there. :wink:
Does this peak anyone's interest?

Randy

I can't go that weekend (I'll be in Hattiesburg/Purvis).

To get to Whiskey wreck:

Travel down 59 past DownUnder to Hwy 182 (beach road). Turn Right. Less than 1 mile on the left is Bahama Bob's, next to a public beach parking lot. Pull into that parking lot, or the one in the closed hotel across the street (Bahama Bob's overflow parking). Gear up and walk along the boardwalk to the beach and enter the water. Line up the Bahama Bob's sign with the edge of the building and swim out 75 yards or so (to 13-15ft depth). The whiskey wreck runs E-W (stern to the east, bow to the west) and is easily identifiable. The Eastern part is pretty intact, the Western part is more broken up. Fly a dive flag.

Actually, there is alot intact on the West end thats finally getting uncovered, including more broken mast looking structures, more hull jutting into the air, and deck plating as well as hoards of ballast stone.

I'm still OK with diving that weekend if you guys need a guide for the shore stuff.

Denise, you and I still have to get together and figure out when and how we are going to get you in our diving group. Right now it's the guys and Donna! Another female would be great. We generally know on Wednesday when we get the updated weather reports, where and if we are diving. We have a two boats and are always looking for divers. We are not diving this weekend for several reasons. This weekend is opening weekend for Deer hunting season and I hunt deer as seriously as I dive. Next Sunday is in question, waiting on weather. If the bouy says, go I dive. If the bouy says no, I hunt bambi. Stay in touch. I got your PM.

Thanks Donna,
My son Andy is also an avid hunter. I am really looking forward to meeting the locals and hooking up for some diving. I just can't go for another month until I'm cleared after my surgery.

From SB:
I'm still OK with diving that weekend if you guys need a guide for the shore stuff.

I remember! I think it would be greatto do both but I am not sure that I can and I don't want to tie somebody, you, up until I know for certain what the plans are. You guys dive all the time and maybe we can tag up with something already planned. I will have the laptop at the motel so I will be able to see whats going on. Even if we don't get to dive, it would be good to say hi.

Just call if you would like to dive, 251 978 4089 I live relatively close to Gulf Shores, AL. Without planning, I can be there an hour with a full set of gear and enough tanks to dive the entire day away.

Paul you dive doubles right? I had one of my employee’s bring me a manifold the other day and wanted $10.00 for it. I don’t recognize it all it has stamped on it is made in the USA. If your still coming this way Sunday I would like your opinion on it. I’ll either have it checked out or hang it in the den

By the way the Gulf looked like coffee today

Yeah, I had planned on pulling some shepshead off the Paddlewheeler tonight, but the surf has been up for a few days and Gulf turned to crap.

SuPrBuGmAn:
Yeah, I had planned on pulling some shepshead off the Paddlewheeler tonight, but the surf has been up for a few days and Gulf turned to crap.

Oh now was you now and of course you were going to give old Tom a call now wasn't you? :D

It looks like it might take a few days to clear but the wind is switching around from the north now that may help some

Back
Top Bottom