Any DIR divers on Oahu?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kanonfodr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey everyone, I'm trying to find some GUE/UTD divers on Oahu to possibly help me out with skills and equipment training before I go take my Essentials class in December. Anybody that can help??

Peace,
Greg

Matt Zimmerman and Jo Hjelm of Island Divers are GUE Cave 1 certified; the shops are located in Hawaii Kai, and one right by the pool on Hickam AFB. Jo has hosted GUE Fundies and Tech 1 classes on Oahu in the past. . .

Kidspot did GUE Fundamentals, and is a heck of a nice guy and a great diver.

Kidspot did GUE Fundamentals, and is a heck of a nice guy and a great diver.

+1 for Tim (kidspot)

Or fly on over here to the Big Island and and we can drill all the live long day :wink:

-Eric

Just what I need, fly over to the big island and get group smashed by all you guys over there. Ill shoot Tim another pm first.

Peace,
Greg

Call Aaron's Dive Shop in Kailua for Arnie's contact details. He's a UDT Technical Diving Instructor (all levels through trimix training) and a good bloke to boot.

I think Jo Hjelm at Island Divers is GUE Tech 2 and Cave 2 now, if I'm not mistaken. Also a super nice guy.

Just what I need, fly over to the big island and get group smashed by all you guys over there. Ill shoot Tim another pm first.

Peace,
Greg

Yep all one of me. I'm a dogpile of one :cool2:

Where are you taking essentials?

Good luck with your class. Let us know how you go.

-Eric

Yep all one of me. I'm a dogpile of one :cool2:

Where are you taking essentials?

Good luck with your class. Let us know how you go.

-Eric

I'll be taking Essentials this December in Monterey with Don C while I'm on vacation. I'll be sure to post a report up.

Peace,
Greg

Back
Top Bottom