Any comments about the Sport KISS Rebreather.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JonnyB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
i just saw the new catalog from jetsam and they have a new model called the sport KISS and i thought it was quite neet, so i thought i should ask the people who are more enlightened than me... What do you think?

kind regards
Jonny

i got if from them in an email the other day...

/Jonny

Am I the only one who can't open the file?
All I get is an empty window with a .php that doesn't show the .pdf ...

I saw the Travel KISS at DEMA last year that Kim has been diving for a while.
From what I understand the Sport KISS differs quite a bit from that one.

Just checked their website, they still have the old brochure for download.

Save the PDF to your desktop then open it. It's a big slow file, I had the same "blank window" problems.

Looks like the 40lb OxyCheq rebreather wing and A-Pac are standard.

The KISS SPort has a very different design. Since the scrubber and counter lungs are set up to allow the air to flow into the scrubber twice before you breath it, if the scrubber goes out or the agent is used up, you have a real problem.

It is smaller, lighter (9 lbs with scrubber cover etc).

I have the regular KISS and like it a lot, I am not so sure I like the scrubber design on the Sport.

I am sure that we will have more comments soon. I had sent an email to Jetsam (Gordon) asking for information on the sport. I am waiting for someone to get one here so I can try and get them to let me test dive it.

Scubaroo, thanks for the tip, it didn't work. Might be a Mac/PC problem.
Johnny said he'd e-mail me the brochure.

Mike, your description sounds like the TravelKISS I saw. Ron Micjan has a nice teardown of it (and plenty other CCRs) on his webpage TMI Shop .

While space efficient and certainly different the design didn't appeal very much to me when I saw it. Aside from all the grief you gonna get for breathing from 'hot pants'. Just look at my picture from DEMA last year ... :D

Also not too much savings cost wise 3900 vs 4600 and 4550 with BP Wing and Tanks (13 cu ft). Still a nice small design.

I am concerned about the breathing loop.

From Kim at KISS (jetsam).

"The Sport Kisses will be ready in October sometime. The current scrubber cannister holds about 5 pounds and we are rating it for 2.5 hours in cold water. This unit will be rated for 150 feet, while the Classic Kiss is for 250 feet. The sport kiss is much thinner than the Classic."

More to follow as we get closer to the launch date.

Back
Top Bottom