Any back inflation BC recommended?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can change the bladder in a Ranger. They range from 35-85#. The shoulders and waist panel are also interchangeable but it doesn't offer the flexibility to customize everything like a bp/w. Upside (for me) is I don't have to wear a weight belt.

Since you're going to be handing up your weights, definitely buy the Zeagle yellow weight bags. I do that just about every dive.
Zeagle also sells an optional backplate for use with the Ranger and some of it's other models.

A less expensive option might be the Zeagle Brigade, it's a custom version made exclusively for Scubatoys. It's a Ranger jacket with an Escape Bladder. They're authorized dealers and sell the full Zeagle line also. Zeagle Brigade BCD reviews and discounts, Zeagle

I'm quite certain they ship internationally. Mention that you're a member here when placing your order for a 10% additional discount.

With LeisurePro, you're getting a warranty from them equivalent to the manufacturers in most cases. Not that I'd consider that a factor with a BC.

Last edited:
I dive a Scubapro Knighthawk and like it very much after a couple hundred dives under a variety of conditions. To each their own.

Good diving, Craig

I've not had problems with a face down position at the surface. When I first got the BC, it was clear that overinflation tended to force me forward. I became more conservative with inflation and have no problem. I only use a few pounds of weight when diving a 3mm and a steel tank. When I use more weight, I do tend to split it between the releasable pouches and the trim pockets. This may also result in a better surface position though the difference is not dramatic for me.

Good diving, Craig

was going to mention the zeagle brigade it has the only feature i wish the ranger and the ltd came with .."bungee's " it's a ranger with an escape bladder

my advise: go with a backplate/wing type: I dive with a Dive Rite Transpac and Classic Wing, but if you only want recerational i would reccomend Cressi Sub Bac Jac, Oceanic Excrusion, or Zeagle Ranger LTD, if you take my advise on the backplate/wing definatly go with Dive Rite's Transpac and Classic wing, it just makes for an amazing combonation, and the set up just looks sexy its self too, if you go with it the dive rite can be hooked up to a single tank, doubles, or even side mount (but i would highly reccomand a Nomad add on to this), it is a awesome bp/w that can just about handel anything, also the TransPlate, AL Backplate, and Classic wing are pretty good as well.....

To DiverSteve,
Just like to make sure which sebsite offer this forum member 10% extra discount?
Is Leisure pro or Zeagle Express.com? Because I mentioned both of them in previous post.

To Atomic Diver,
I reckon I will use this coming BC for my working one.
Since I got my Seaquest Pro QD for recreational and OW teaching, the one I need now is more for my marine biology research work.
Do you have any recommend for website offer internationally shipping and good price?
Because I start with Leisure pro and I find the Hollis have good price and look (sorry, I only can choose from appearance at this stage)

Cheers,
Colin

try the dui weight system, it works better than a intergraded weight system.

Thanks for any brand & model suggestion.
After checking the price around internet, I found there are several I am considering.
1. Hollis ATS ($350.-) or HD100 ($370.-) (from Leisure pro). They looks pretty much the same to me.
2. Hollis HTS harness ($150.-) + Hollis BAC (60/85 LB lift: $200.-/$250.-)(Leisure pro)
3. Zeagle Ranger LTD 2008 $509 (Zeagle express)
4. Zeagle Tech $459 (Leisure pro) I am not sure what's the different between them either.
5. Dive Rite Transpac Harness $199 (Leisure pro) + Dive-Rite Classic wings (60 Lbs. lift) $280.-

Any one can give me suggestion or experience between them?
Cheers

Colin

Back
Top Bottom