Antares Dry Glove system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phil_C

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Anyone use this system? - seems to have been developed by SiTech in Sweden I think and is designed to work with their silicone seal systems. Both my drysuits have SiTech silicone seals so I am thinking of installing the dry gloves.

I would really appreciate any feedback on what they are like in reality - I have seen the youtube advertising bumph.

Cheers - Phil.

They break. They break. They break.......but, they'll work with any seal........until they break.

Last edited:
For the price just get the SiTech Quick glove system. You can use any smooth outside gloves (Atlas comes to mind, but I use a heavy duty very flexible one from World Market) with them.

Thanks for the comments so far. Up until now I have always dived wet as far as gloves were concerned. The attraction for me of the Antares System, if I understand it right, is that both my Drysuits, one a waterproof D1 and the other a Hollis already have the SiTech oval seals fitted so it is an easy fit.

I think this means that so to use the Antares system I would only need to pop the existing seals out and refit using the modified oval ring that comes with the Antares kit.

If my assumption is correct then it will only take 5 minutes to convert and fit the new rings, and it doesn't involve any structural changes to the suit itself. I guess what I am trying to reassure myself is that the system works the way they say it does, is robust and so on, because the Antares kit is not cheap and I don't want to buy a pup.

I have now seen a comment on another thread saying the tabs on the Antares glove seals are vulnerable, thats the sort of thing I am hoping to find out. I'm not sure if the quick glove system can be used without changing the oval seal system fitted or not - thanks so far - P

SiTech Quick Glove is round and doesn't work with oval rings. They may make something in the future. A quick, inexpensive, and apparently effective solution is to get the heavy duty rubber gloves (smooth on inside) and pull them over the oval rings. They stretch and seal to the outside of the rings. A little harder to put on, but no mods are needed. I can't remember where I saw them - except somewhere in a glove thread here on SB. One of the common internet dive shops DOES carry them. About $12 pair.

Phil, since you already have the oval rings I would run the Antares system. Be gentle and protective of the tabs on the glove side and you should be fine. I did mention somewhere mine have never leaked on me. My gloves on the other hand have leaked. I do carry a spare set of Atlas 465's in my dive bin, along with spare liners.

This is interesting. I am looking at the Whites Fusion drysuit and they are including a free set of Antares dry glove rings and free set of dry gloves as well as free oval SLT. I may have to look at different gloves.

Back
Top Bottom