Antares Dry Glove system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK - picked up an Antares kit and will swop out the seals tomorrow - lets see if they work as they say - thanks for the feedback - Phil.

OK, I promised feedback - here it is :angrymob::angrymob:

Swopped out the seals yesterday and put in the brand new modified rings in the kit supplied. Fitted the gloves to the ring provided and went diving. No problems with donning or doffing the gloves, but one was slightly off centre so I decided to dive with wet gloves today.

Both wrist seals leaked - it looks like the replacement modified rings are just a very tiny fraction smaller than the originals, I could be wrong, but they did not seem to seat very tightly and leaked. :fail:

So I think tomorrow I will swop the rings back again - really not happy with the fit of the rings. - Phil.

Oh dear I hope not. I just fitted a set as well and am yet to use them

Oh dear I hope not. I just fitted a set as well and am yet to use them

Hi Peter - I had a good look at mine today and cleaned and refitted them - will try them in a pool. I think the problem may have been that when I was practising getting them on and off the ring holding the cuff seal was slightly pulled out of the fitting in the suit. Because when I first fitted them they were sitting flush, when I checked them today both were very slightly out of the ring on the suit, the one which leaked most more than the other.

I have re-seated them and will give them another go, but so far have not been that impressed with the system. Ended up with about a pint of water in my sleeve yesterday - surface temp was about 4 degrees and water 8-10 degrees so not what I really wanted. Good luck with yours - Phil.

Thanks Phil, I will try mine Tuesday and see how I go with them and report back.

ok I know this is an older thread but I have searched all the dry glove post I can find. I put the Antares system on my dui tls and it dives great dry hands warm even with super thin liner. problem is the glove ring is so tight I nearly have to break my thumb to get it in the glove. once my hand is past the ring and in the glove its sweet. the permanent installed cuff on the suit is no problem my hand slides right past it and through the seal not even tight. any one else have this problem? I wear an x-large glove in the atlas and most wetsuit gloves. if I switch it out to the round system with the quick glove is that any bigger or is the lock glove the way to go? any advice would be great I hate to order 300 bucks more stuff and it not be right.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom