Another Newbie with lots of questions!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nice pix - clear water ..... wish I was there!!

Can't wait to get wet this weekend - road trip to Balmorhea!! It will have been just over 3 months since our last dive .......:)

I Can just see the "(Mysterious Central TX sec.)Texas State Swamp Diving Team" now... a sharpie created addition to the front of the logo on the t-shirts that y'all TSDT have/sell.....
back to reality.. it think-

~Anyway...I hear that a dive is gonna be happening in San Marcos Soon... the River Cleanup or some such... Has any of the McTx's (hey that looks halfway neat..) people heard of this or planning to attend...I will probably be attending due to the fact that its now a dive for my AOW cert....

~What other events along these lines happen..it seems like a great way for one to dive and give back to the community...

~Thoughts anyone?

Petey...are you talking about Trashfest?

Diver Kat once bubbled...
Hey Larry .... I knew there had to be some Austinites out there!! Was beginning to think they all hocked their computers to buy dive equipment!! :wacko: .... what dive shop do you frequent? - you look real familar ..... I've heard you have to take a class or something to get into Aquarena Springs, so I've only been in the river below that point - would be great to dive the actual springs .....

Hi Kat!
In order - - We're still here, but those who've not hocked their computers for dive equipment or food are probably seriously heads down at their desk trying to stay employed!
Dive Shop: Oak Hill SCUBA ?? - that's where I hang out, inasmuch as I do, and the bunch I DM for. I haven't dealt much with Pisces other than the occaisional quick air fill when at Mansfield. I do spend quite a bit of time at Aquarena and SWT though - so perhaps around there??
Aquarena: Yes, you have to take their "Scientific Diver" course to volunteer at the Springs. THis is because it's a National Antiquities site and an Endangered Species area. [i.e. don't take anything out and don't step on the fishies]. But volunteering there is great, you get relatively free access after doing a little bit of meanial work for them. A search on "Aquarena" will get you all sorts of interesting threads from the past!

Hope to meet you near the water sometime!

I read on another forum that DM's and Inst. get the Scientific class for $100...is that true?

SquintyPete - I like the McTx .... sounds like a division of MacDonalds!! (we'll get sued for copyright infringment or something!!)

Larry - understand the heads down job issue .... I work at a bank and it's not exactly grins & giggles here either ........ I've only been to OakHill Scuba once, and I don't frequent Pisces ... so either I imagined it, or it was at the lake .... I was an Oceans Window junkie until they kicked us out and closed up shop, now I wander from shop to shop looking for a new spot to hang - it's just not the same ......

*debates the idea of calling up McDonalds head office and giving them his new "burger" idea a McTx's With bbq sauce hold the onions.....*

Larry- I see that Oak Hill Scuba is creating an ONLINE STORE are they going to be competitive with online prices of other major online stores? Care to divulge insider info..hehe

So......
In reverse order:
Squinty: Ya, I've heard Mark is doing an online store... I wouldn't hold your breath for it - BUT - I would expect it to be competative. I have foggy memorys of an eBay kind of thing though [used/refurnbished] ?????

Kat: C'mon down! There's a small buch of us diveshop groupies that hang around a bit - We're friendly & More are welcome! [As per the when & where we may have met - it's always fun to keep guessing, but I'm leaning towards the LAke too!]

Dee: No I haven't heard of that - but I wasn't a DM when I took the course and now it's kind of moot to me! I'll try to remember to ask though! We do get the "standard" free entrance with a paying class!

Larry .... luckily (at least when it comes to diving) I live out in Cedar Park (probably only an Austinite would know where the heck that is!!) which puts me very close to the lake. But, I don't get to the south dive shops frequently. Although if I remember the shop correctly, someone there makes a killer hot sauce .............:eek:

Last summer, they had quite a go at hot sauces. If you caught it lucky, it was while they had my wifes pineapple/habenjero concoction - It got an honorable mention in the Austin Chronicle HotSauce contest - so she had to make about a quart a week for friends in the later part of the summer!
Cedar Park!! - OK, looks like we'll meet at the Lake then, San Marcos would defintitely be a road trip.

Squinty! - I just happened to wander through the shop today, and Mark is indeed competing with the online guys, as of right now! - the cavaet is though - for online prices, you get online service [near zero] - Have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom