Another Newbie with lots of questions!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kat

as for the camping gear if im there, which is most likely i can bring an extra ten t and a couple of sleeping bags, (was and Am still a boyscout and still have all of my gear left over and use it now only when i go to the lake.

speaking of the get together do we have any new news ? well next weekend i will be out at pk byt not diving i will be out working with the OA for a event and checking the camp out at the same time.

also are we all bring our own food or are we going to do it as a group because i have plenty of cooking gear (propane stoves and a couple of dutch ovens to make any entree or dessert of your choosing)

Sound like you're either a scout, a survivalist, or prepared for an invasion!! Our gear disappeared a bit at time everytime we moved .... you know how it goes .... and then eventually we actually started being able to afford hotel/motels and got spoiled!! Thanks a bunch for the offer. The thread that TwoBit linked for me seemed to have slowed a while back - so I guess as the proposed dates get closer, it will get back into action.

We'll see ..... if we don't all meet then, it will at another event I hope!!
:D

I'll be migrating to the southern area for a couple of months as the weather warms up...hope to see some of the Swampsters in Austin and Houston around June and July...I need a tour of Travis and Twin Lakes...any guides available? :confused:

kat

im a eagle scout who now works with the council as an adult volunteer, teaching a new generation of scouts and scouters.

As for camping my days of of roughing it and back packing are over for now roughing it for me is a thick foam mat and a taj mahl size tent for comfort, but when it comes to cooking its always home cooked and real good.

Hey Mike - still too new to be a guide (literally) for Lake Travis - but I do prefer the Mansfield Dam Park to Barstows at Windy Point. So far there were less classes and better visability at MDP. Check out the link below for Pisces Scuba - all the way at the bottom they have links to sveral maps of MDP and Windy Point - if you haven't already run across these yet ....

Scubatooth - it's funy how the older you get, the harder the ground gets!! At least you're stlll hanging in there!!!

http://www.flash.net/~piscestx/

or at least typed?
I've clearly been too focussed on work stuff if I just find this message string five days later!

I like that new name "Mysterious Central Texas Section" - maybe we should use it!?!
The reality is that there are a number of us, but we trend to just run off ourselves one way or the other and haven't gotten as nicely organized as the Southern folks appear to be.

I agree with your assessment of the dive sites at Travis and will be generally glad to join anybody once the temperature goes up another 10 degrees or so. I just finished off DMing an OW class at Aquarena Springs this weekend - so I can testify that it's still 70 degrees and 50 foot vis - but restricted on who can enter [I have some thoughts to help which I will clear with the local administration before I announce to you guys]

Now back to work - Ughh

Don't you just hate it when work interferes with what's important in life? It seems to get worst about this time of year.

White mouth stinky snakes= Cotton mouth or water moccasin.

Very mean, super bad attitude, and the only reason I didn't get bit last time I had the chance to get bit it was too cold.

They have a distinct stinky musky odor.

TwoBit

Hey Larry .... I knew there had to be some Austinites out there!! Was beginning to think they all hocked their computers to buy dive equipment!! :wacko: .... what dive shop do you frequent? - you look real familar ..... I've heard you have to take a class or something to get into Aquarena Springs, so I've only been in the river below that point - would be great to dive the actual springs .....

TwoBit ..... I'll skip the snakes ... last time I saw a water moccasin I was probably 12 and too stupid to know to get out of the water!! And I'd prefer not to smell them either!!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom