Another Newbie with lots of questions!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTexasTony: Lake Amistad?? How's the diving there???? Sounds like a future road trip!!

Dee: We had one of the non-kitchen motel rooms on the highway side, I think it would have been nicer on the park side.

Hoover: you mapped out exactly what we had planned to do this time, but it was too cold to camp on Sunday, so we decided to head home instead of staying till Monday. Hopefully we can do a longer trip with camping later on - although I hear when it warms up, the Springs are so packed with swimmers and divers, you can hardly move!!

Is the water clear in Lake Amistaad? I'm ready for some clear, WARM water!

8~4~21 :D

5 weeks till we leave for Miami & the Keys ........... can't wait!!!!

I think we need to plan a trip to Del Rio! After we get back from Roatan, we have 3 months before the PC trip. Lake Amistad isn't THAT far away....just a long weekend trip!

What ya think? Rent a houseboat and do a 3-day liveaboard on the lake? Tony, Hoover...you in?

to Bren, she asks;"Do we go Monday or Tuesday following the return flight?" hehe
We'll be in for it, I'm sure, after a week or two to get settled back in and seeing what else Ryan has learned. (and catching up at work) Do they have house boats for rent? I really haven't done much research on it yet, but it sounds like a good outing!

oh DAvieeee....

ps. did a little research....WOW they have HOUSESHIPS! the little 56 footer w/4 queen beds and queen sofa with all you could want! This is VERY interesting! Gives new meaning to "lounge lizzards" aka SCUBA lizzards! hey Pancho......

Yea...one of the marina's rents houseboats. VERY nice houseboats that will sleep 10 people was the smallest I found. The rates posted, $1600 were for 3 day weekends. Sort of expensive for my budget with the PC trip coming up, but it mentions you can rent for 1 day. I'll call them next week.

After more research, I'm thinking about a hotel for Fri. night, maybe rent the houseboat for all day Sat., hotel Sun. and back home on Mon. Oh yeah....there'll be lots of diving!

We'll make a plan! Oh Davis.....

Wanna see the houseboats??

Diver Kat once bubbled...
5 weeks till we leave for Miami & the Keys ........... can't wait!!!!

Waaaaahhh!!! I wanna go!! ;-0

Dee once bubbled...
Yea...one of the marina's rents houseboats. VERY nice houseboats that will sleep 10 people was the smallest I found. The rates posted, $1600 were for 3 day weekends. Sort of expensive for my budget with the PC trip coming up, but it mentions you can rent for 1 day. I'll call them next week.

After more research, I'm thinking about a hotel for Fri. night, maybe rent the houseboat for all day Sat., hotel Sun. and back home on Mon. Oh yeah....there'll be lots of diving!

I would be very interested in a road trip like that. And Panama City sounds like fun, too, if you're not already totally booked...

ScubaTexan once bubbled...
I would be very interested in a road trip like that. And Panama City sounds like fun, too, if you're not already totally booked...

The Panama City trip is our 5th Annual Diverlink Group trip. It all started in '99 with a trip to the Keys where we had 63 members and friends attend. I've made some very good friends from these trips!

I'd like for the TSDT to do something like that but we can't even get everyone to Lake Travis at the same time!

I'll keep ya posted on the Del Rio trip if anything comes of it. We've been talking about it for months already...haha

Back
Top Bottom