Another "Help me build my GoPro rig" thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The lights may have been off. That was the top of the reef which was quite shallow. Very powerful lights would be needed to make much of a difference near the surface. I find that I had to turn the power on the lights down by 20 meters. Through most of my dive I had the lights on.

This video is a better example of the dive filter and lights on, color temperature 3400k, low sharpening, Protune.

Awesome thanks! Time to go buy the backscatter setup

Ok, I think I'm done. Here is the final result.
full.jpg

That will do nicely!

The flip on the lower one may annoy you. The arm is in the way so you can’t fold it back, so underwater it may flop into view as it won’t be fully ‘clicked’ into the locked position...

One thing you may want to consider is just using one of the filters on the flip system. From what I remember, they have a shallow filter, a dive filter (around 20 to 50 ft.) and the deep filter. I found the shallow filter to be useless. In water less than 20 ft you likely won't even need a filter. I used the deep filter once or twice but didn't notice any real difference between that and the dive filter. I think you are going to find if you want to use a filter, the dive filter will work just fine for pretty much all your needs when you decide to use one.

Yeah nice, which housing did you end up getting? Looks like the SuperSuit but it's hard to tell.
Yeah, it is indeed the super suit. I was thinking about getting something more robust, but I wanted to keep the budget happy so I decided to keep the super suit.

The flip on the lower one may annoy you. The arm is in the way so you can’t fold it back, so underwater it may flop into view as it won’t be fully ‘clicked’ into the locked position...
I was thinking about that when I installed it, worse case I can just remove the side filter, but that kinda defeats the purpose of getting the dual flip.

One thing you may want to consider is just using one of the filters on the flip system. From what I remember, they have a shallow filter, a dive filter (around 20 to 50 ft.) and the deep filter. I found the shallow filter to be useless. In water less than 20 ft you likely won't even need a filter. I used the deep filter once or twice but didn't notice any real difference between that and the dive filter. I think you are going to find if you want to use a filter, the dive filter will work just fine for pretty much all your needs when you decide to use one.
Good to know. Maybe I should have purchased the FLEXIARM-07-EXTENDGPTRAY instead. But hey, I'm happy with it so far.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom