Announcing the SubGravity H3 - Powered by SeaBear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Discussed this computer with Scubapro insiders. There is a lot of activity going on including AI but nothing will be released, announced until DEMA. Given that, they say it will be worth the wait. I realize how vague this response is but at least it defines the waiting time.
Not really. Countless times companies have not delivered product when they said they would. I have no idea if this will be the case with ScubaPro introducing AI with the Seabear, but I simply wouldn't hold my breath. So I picked up a Perdix yesterday.

Not really. Countless times companies have not delivered product when they said they would. I have no idea if this will be the case with ScubaPro introducing AI with the Seabear, but I simply wouldn't hold my breath. So I picked up a Perdix yesterday.

I bought a Petrel 2 largely because I felt like I was tired of waiting for the H3 AI to come out. After I had it, I eventually realized that I liked the H3 better because of the size and if they had never said anything about AI, it is still what I would prefer. I let the announcement about AI and the fact that it wasn't released yet actually put me off of buying the H3.

One of the guys on the boat this past weekend had a Perdix. I got to put them both on my arm side by side. The Perdix is smaller than the Petrel 2, but it's still big and bulky - way bigger than the H3. To me, it only looks small and compact next to a Petrel. If the AI never comes out for the H3, I am still glad to have it over even the Perdix.

At some point, when I am feeling flush with cash, I would like to get a second tech computer, so I can do tech dives with computer redundancy. And I would definitely prefer to have non-identical computes, so I can avoid even the possibility of a bug or defect affecting both simultaneously. Hopefully, by the time I'm feeling spendy on that there will be an alternative to the H3 that is not as big as the Perdix.

On my recent Cozumel trip, the dive operator staff were all wearing Petrels. Definitely a nice computer, but too big and bulky for me and how I dive. The staff all were interested in my H3 because of the smaller size.

I don't really see the H3 and Petrel as competitors. One is a watch size computer, the other is full size. Kind of like the LCD computers. You have full size LCD computers that are used only for diving and you have watch size computers that can be dual function.

I bought a Petrel 2 largely because I felt like I was tired of waiting for the H3 AI to come out. After I had it, I eventually realized that I liked the H3 better because of the size and if they had never said anything about AI, it is still what I would prefer. I let the announcement about AI and the fact that it wasn't released yet actually put me off of buying the H3.

One of the guys on the boat this past weekend had a Perdix. I got to put them both on my arm side by side. The Perdix is smaller than the Petrel 2, but it's still big and bulky - way bigger than the H3. To me, it only looks small and compact next to a Petrel. If the AI never comes out for the H3, I am still glad to have it over even the Perdix.

At some point, when I am feeling flush with cash, I would like to get a second tech computer, so I can do tech dives with computer redundancy. And I would definitely prefer to have non-identical computes, so I can avoid even the possibility of a bug or defect affecting both simultaneously. Hopefully, by the time I'm feeling spendy on that there will be an alternative to the H3 that is not as big as the Perdix.
On my recent Cozumel trip, the dive operator staff were all wearing Petrels. Definitely a nice computer, but too big and bulky for me and how I dive. The staff all were interested in my H3 because of the smaller size.

I don't really see the H3 and Petrel as competitors. One is a watch size computer, the other is full size. Kind of like the LCD computers. You have full size LCD computers that are used only for diving and you have watch size computers that can be dual function.
You both bring up good points. Diving in the Puget Sound, I like to have a big, bright display. I'm 45 and have noticed my eyesight declining. I have the Aeris A300 CS (with AI), and the screen is a tad on the small size for me.

That said, if the Perdix came out with AI, I'd be thrilled. The other reason why I prefer Shearwater is that it is pretty much a standard around here. So I'll be sticking with my Aeris (I have a second transmitter that I'll use when I dive sidemount - we'll see if it will be practical to change transmitter settings on the Aeris) and dive with the Perdix on all my dives. Except when I stick both on my students' arms to help them in their purchasing decisions.

One of the guys on the boat this past weekend had a Perdix. I got to put them both on my arm side by side. The Perdix is smaller than the Petrel 2, but it's still big and bulky - way bigger than the H3.

Well, if you take a cylinder to hold an AA-sized battery, with triple-o-ring'ed cap and all, and a 320x240 display that's typically between 2+ and 3- inches, and try to fit them together, you're not going to get any smaller than perdix/ostc sport/3/4.

I was at the annual big sale at the scuba store I go to. I got a few minutes to talk to the Scubapro Rep. I asked him what was up with the subgravity computer. He seemed surprised that I knew that Scubapro had bought Subgravity.

He said that the computer will come out at DEMA in November. He said it probably would NOT be shipping by then. The date to start shipping is probably going to be in January or February 2017. He also said when it does come out and will be shipped it will be available with Air Integration.

My interest in this computer has increased. I am anxious to see what they do with it.

I was at the annual big sale at the scuba store I go to. I got a few minutes to talk to the Scubapro Rep. I asked him what was up with the subgravity computer. He seemed surprised that I knew that Scubapro had bought Seabear.

He said that the computer will come out at DEMA in November. He said it probably would NOT be shipping by then. The date to start shipping is probably going to be in January or February 2017. He also said when it does come out and will be shipped it will be available with Air Integration.

My interest in this computer has increased. I am anxious to see what they do with it.
Fixed it for you.

I have a h3 its in for repair for the second time and still waiting for the transmitter!!! But I do like it !!

I have a h3 its in for repair for the second time and still waiting for the transmitter!!! But I do like it !!

What problems have you had with it?

Where are you located (in the U.S. or elsewhere)?

Where do you have to take/send it for repair?

How long does it take to get it repaired?

The screen went dark and battery issue after 5 weeks no use in still waiting for the return I'm in the Turks & Caicos islands

Back
Top Bottom