Announcing the SubGravity H3 - Powered by SeaBear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is exactly why I would NEVER purchase anything based on promises of future upgrades - things/business changes and they might not ever happen. I buy based on what is available today - if upgrades do come, then it's just icing on the cake! In this case, if you really needed AI, why did you buy it in the first place as you are obviously surviving without it and were willing to survive without it for some time? No offense intended, and I do believe Subgravity/SeaBear misled folks as I do recall them stating that AI was coming (by late last year as in the attached link - and I saw this on their site at some point too).

SubGravity: H3 smart watch Dive Computer - Scuba Show

I can survive without an auto inflate BCD too but if I'm sold a oral inflate BCD and the company promises that I'll be able to make it auto inflate in 6 months, then I'll trust them and if they fail to make good on their promises, then I'll expect remediation.

Not sure if misled is a fair statement. Seabear being bought by Scubapro could have put the transmitter on hold.

Looks like they are trying to resolve the matter with you. Maybe you could let the matter run it's course with them offline and then post a summary once resolved ?

I can survive without an auto inflate BCD too but if I'm sold a oral inflate BCD and the company promises that I'll be able to make it auto inflate in 6 months, then I'll trust them and if they fail to make good on their promises, then I'll expect remediation.

And how's that been working out for you so far? H3 transmitters are "sitting in a warehouse waiting to be rebranded", Deep 6 dive computers are "available since January", and Liquivision Omnix can be pre-ordered for "March" -- but they don't say of which year.

Unfortunately for you, they are not legally bound to provide you any remediation for "promised" features/upgrades that never materialize. That's why it's risky to buy something that doesn't meet your needs at the time you actually buy it. "Caveat emptor" for early adopters on promised features/upgrades.

I'm new to this and don't want to read through 30 pages, can some one point out which posts contain the transmitter promises? Thanks

None as I recall: I remember one claiming AI is "planned" and then somebody started a rumour that tranceivers are "sitting in a warehouse but now have to be rebranded due to buyout". The former one may have come from SeaBear, I don't think the latter one did. ICBW and all that.

I'm new to this and don't want to read through 30 pages, can some one point out which posts contain the transmitter promises? Thanks
The show link in my earlier post was info that was on their website last year - and it did say the AI/transmitter was coming in late 2015. But things change - especially with an acquisition.

After some experimentation, I think I've figured out how to use the multi-quote feature across multiple tabs. (Pretty cool) Here are the posts that @Joneill referenced:
Hi, I have read the manual online and have a few questions.

Does the o2 % default to air at any point?

What is the minimum surface interval before the H3 logs the next dive as a separate dive?

Is there a dive planning function?

Your website states:

• Air integration (transmitter) available end of 2015
Will this functionality be built into the H3's from the beginning, or will it require another version of the H3 to be purchased that supports air integration?

Thanks

PS - the online manual says to rinse the unit with sweet water after diving. What is sweet water?

The T1 does only have a wheel on the right side. The wheel is used to scroll through the main pages. You can access the sub menus by pushing in on the wheel at which point you can use the wheel to scroll through the sub menu pages again by turning the wheel and selecting items again by pushing in the wheel from the side. It is very fast and very easy to navigate through the unit even with heavy gloves on.

---------- Post added December 13th, 2014 at 12:39 PM ----------

The air integration is built into the computer. You will simply need to buy a transmitter when it becomes available.

The H3 will stay on Air, Nitrox, or Trimix once you have set it until you physically change it to another gas. No surprise mixes!

"Sweet water" means fresh water.

You are correct, this symbol means that it is available as an option. The functionality is already built into the computers, but we have not built the transmitter yet. We are aiming for DEMA 2015 to release the transmitter.

We will be releasing the transmitter this fall in time for DEMA. There has been a tremendous amount of interest in the transmitter, so it is a high priority on our to do list!

No price yet on the transmitter, but suffice it to say that it will be very competitive with other transmitter units on the market. (And of course, smaller footprint with better performance!)

(By the way, I don't own one of these and don't plan to, I just wanted to play with a new forum feature)

If people were held accountable for their vague promises, all politicians would've been in jail and there'd be nobody to, you know, govern us. Also puppy-monkey-baby ad wouldn't exist. There must be a downside to that but for the life of me...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom