Angry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

June, July, August, September-back ordered until when? Come on, tell us what is out of stock until October..

It's a big retail world out there, who expects a customer to wait for them to backorder stock so they can make a sale 4-5 months down the road.

"Our customers and those who know us have said all that needs to be said."

Look out Leisurepro there's a competitor out there.:D

I'm not sure of this, but isn't it against the law to charge your card for an item they can't deliver within 30 days?

At any rate I've had two experiences with scuba.com, one good one bad. The first one they shipped it when they said they would and I got it quick. The second one they didn't ship it, said they were out and due in stock in a day or two. It took about two weeks and several phone calls to get my item that time, and due to how they handled it this was the last time I ordered from them. I still get emails from them on specials, but if I'm ordering online it will be from scubatoys. They are simply put the absolute best retailer, period. They are an example for others to follow IMO.

I haven't ordered a great deal from them, I prefer the LDS's or diveshops near where I dive if I can, but if they don't have what I want you can bet your bottom dollar I'm ordering it online. What I have ordered from Scubatoys has been delivered quickly and I've been treated with the best respect possible.

Swampdogg:
I don't have a dog in this fight, but as an x-retailer, I hate to see any reputable and good online retailer get slammed for something that is not a good reason. So what if they charged your credit card? Was it a debit card where the money came out of your account? If it was a credit card, you wouldn't even owe anything for it until a couple of weeks after your last statement. and that is plenty of time to credit the account before you have any out of pocket costs.

Like I said, I have had very positive experiences with scuba.com and scubatoys. Be careful how you sling the mud around and damage someone's business.
It was a debit card, and I have ordered from them before without issue. And normally when I order, I do rush the order and normally have it in hand the next day.

I placed the order on Wednesday evening, it went into their system and first thing in the morning they charged my debit card and started pulling the order. When I left from work, the status still showed that they were pulling the order getting it ready for shipping.

I wrote them earlier today, and told them to just replace the item's I ordered that are on back order ( a 6mm hood, gloves and flash light ) with comparable items of equal value and get it to me as soon as possible.

They wrote me back this evening and stated that they do have similar products but they cost a few dollars more and that I had to verifiy before they would replace them. I did this, and I should receive my next day order placed on thursday technically at some point next week.

I don't blame them entirelly, I did order with little time to spare.. but normally this is how it works. Not all of us have the money to be able to plan far ahead for things. I only buy gear when I know I have more money coming soon and that I won't have to live off of roman noodles and kool-aid until then :(

But still, back-ordered hoods and gloves?

I might add, a full day later:

As of 9:06 PM CST the "backordered items" are not listed as backordered.

http://www.scuba.com/shop/product.asp?category=27&fromsearch=1&hashvalue=021220
http://www.scuba.com/shop/product.asp?category=28&fromsearch=1&hashvalue=022185
http://www.scuba.com/shop/product.asp?category=55&fromsearch=1&hashvalue=026007

I mean comon is this retailer a joke, look at my previous post and I clearly made statment, I guess these guys are not watching how many ppl read this post and they reply back with this"Our customers and those who know us have said all that needs to be said."
How ridiculous can one get, specially in todays market where customer service is big deal. No apology or nothing and this rude statement instead.......... man.

I dont know how this retailer does things, however I know alot of online retailers are not always aware of inventory/backorder situations like this until they occur. Many of them are just "Order Processors" without there own stock on all of the items, they have it shipped directly from the manufacturer or a 3'rd party warehouse.

That being said an I would expect that the retailer either contact me with alternate options for immediate shipment or contact me to tell me that they have refunded the charges due to the extended back-order on the item.

Good luck getting the stuff you need!

I haven't heard anything from them since Friday.. :/ Below is my order status

[SIZE=+1]Order Status: Order And Payment Have Been Processed, Order Is Being Pulled For Shipping[/SIZE]
Order Date: 5/9/2007 6:35:28 PM
[SIZE=+1]You should receive your order on or before: 5/11[/SIZE]

Very poor response by the retailer. Cool that SB has not pulled the thread for fear of losing a sponser/advertisment. I have been following this thread to see what their response would be but I guess they have not come up with a valid point yet?

I know 3 people that have ordered from them.

1) person got the fins the ordered on time.

2) another person got half the order with a list of item on back order. The time it was on back order kept getting longer. He eventually got the items about a month after ordering them.

3) third person ordered a computer, got charged for it, the started getting the lengthing backorder date. Went from 1 wek to 2 weeks to 3 weeks .... He cancelled the order.

The seem to have small items and big seller in stock. The also seem to take your money wheter or not they know if they can even get a product..

Has anybody here that says they have had good results from them ordered a BC and got it on time?

Well, I just cant bite my tongue anymore. 3 months ago I ordered a reg and BC package from them. Order was shipped and arrived on time, except that my large oceanic excursion was instead a medium oceanic probe LX in an excursion package.

An immediate phone call, and I was told it was too late in the day to get another BC shipped out overnight, and I would have to send this one back (pay shipping myself of course) to have it replaced. I had assumed since the person on the phone had expressed so much concern, they would be sending me the correct BC asap. NOPE!

Next monday I went to UPS and sent back the BC. By Friday, after hearing nothing from them even though my package had arrived at their return center mid week, I began sending regular emails asking for a status. Not a single one was replied to. 3 weeks and 7 emails later, absolutely no response, not a single one.

Finally was able to track down the owners email address, and sent her my details. Next morning I get a call and they are sending it out overnight saturday delivery, plus refund what I paid to send the package back.

In the end I was able to get what I ordered, but not without major headaches. A problem in their order packing sequence, that could have been corrected quickly, took just under 4 weeks to resolve. Wont be doing business with them anymore.

This isn't to say they are a bad company. I'm sure 99% of orders get through with happy customers. I was unfortunate to be in that 1%, and wont take that chance again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom