Angry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Dear Diver,

We are holding your order number ******** for this item "One or more of the items ", which has been back-ordered from the manufacturer until 10/17/07 and we expect to be able to ship the same day.

Please call us at 800-34-scuba, if you would like us to split this item and send the balance of the order. There is no reason to contact us unless you need your order before your new delivery date which will be on your door no later than 10/18/07.

If you then have further questions please contact one of our Certified Scuba Instructors at 800.34SCUBA or info@scuba.com

Very Best Wishes and Happy Diving,
The team at Scuba.com
800-34-SCUBA
info@scuba.com
So I received the above email an hour or so ago.. I paid next day shipping, and ordered yesterday. All day today, the order status has shown "Credit Card Billed - Your order is being picked for shipping". So why do they wait till the end of the business day to contact me? Or why don't they ( like some other companies ) go ahead and just ship the order along with a note stating the missing product is back ordered. If you would like to cancel your order for this product please call blah blah blah.

So normally I wouldn't be angry, this time I am.. since I paid 20$ extra to have it expedited ( since I need the items saturday for my dives ).. and the email states it won't ship for 5 months!

Not to mention, whilst angry about this whole ordeal... the back of my chair broke and I fell out of my chair..

<!-- / end rant -->

:rofl3: Sorry, chair comment. Im thinking maybee clerical error? Call em tomorrow then get angry.

Well my weekend is kinda ruined without the stuff I ordered, and since tomorrow is Friday.. I'm kinda screwed. I already wrote back an angry email, and told them to remove the item(s) or subsititute them for similar items of the same cost and to Saturday delivery the order to me ASAP. So maybe just maybe they will, and my weekend won't be entirelly ruined. Unless Fed Ex loses the package....

Wow that is a long time to have something on back order. I would think if it was going to be that long they wouldn't let you order it. I would not be happy either.

Hate to say it - but poor planning. The best way to get something you need for a dive in a couple days (ie. this weekend) is to go into a shop and buy it.. Then you have the tangible product. While I agree your complaints about the shipping are valid - if they don't have it, they don't have it. They should still have shipped the in stock product, or at least called you ASAP to notify you.

Got to know what is in such high demand that it is backordered until Otober.
:monkeydan

I live in Kansas, diveshops here are few and far between. The local shops we do have are pretty pricey hense why I do most of my ordering online. Most of my plans are random, I never plan anything far in advance because then the plan never works out. I planned monday to go diving this weekend, so I secured a tank ( it arrived today ) and only needed a few other things. Hood / gloves / flash light / dive flag & float / etc So I ordered them and expidited the shipping. I planned on making another larger purchase tomorrow to buy some "accessories", now i've changed my mind.

Whine and Cheeze! Whine and Cheese!

I'm kind of curious too, on the list of things you said you order none of that would seem to be a show stopper for diving, what didn't get shipped and is back ordered for so long?

I'm similar to you, I'm still on the fence about diving this Saturday. The only difference is I own all my gear already and if I do dive all I'll need to do is fill the tank which is easily done.

Really, what is back ordered and where was you going to dive at? With all the rain we've been having in the area most shallow lakes are going to be 0 vis.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom