Angry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know what item is backordered, the email didn't say and they didn't answer when I called. Even though I called within their hours of operation.

Planned on going diving over at oronogo, vis doesn't really matter too much I just want to get wet.

I made my first online order with this company and they back ordered everything because I also wanted the dive flag with reflective strip, it wasn't next day air but if I remember it was like five days, on the fifth day that it was to ship out, that evening when I got to work, guess what the order has been put on hold pending the back ordered item...I didn't need it I just wanted it..so no big deal...I waited and waited then ten days later they decided to credit my card and go ahead and send the rest of the order.....funny thing is they show on some items "low stock" and that can be excused but this was not a "low stock " item other wise I would not have ordered it...needless to say I removed this company from my favorites list and won't be using them until they have the only item I want. now for the LDS...half of the stuff I need they have to order anyway and it can't be tried out first so what is the difference them ordering it or me ordering it?? the $ that is the difference

and then have a back order on an overnight:no bad planning on your part.They don't know if you need everything and rather than charge you over night shipping, to then not send you the one thing you really really need they hold the whole order. they think they are saving you money. Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on some one else

Yeah, but what if he needed it in a month? They did BO the whole order for 5 months if i read the OP correctly...

They shouldn't advertise the products as "In Stock" if they are back ordered. Especially if they are back ordered for 5 months!

They also could have contacted me way earlier in the day, instead they waited till the end of their business day to send me an email.

'Please (insert picture of a bear right here) with us, the whole (insert picture of a globe here) is on backorder'........salesman gave me this card in 1977, still holds true today I see........

Online stores can be terrible for that. It's hard to govern that but I personally feel if it's not in stock the site/store should say so & that it will be X amount of days before new stock arrives. I will not buy anything from them now that I know how they do buisness.

Brandon Belew:
They shouldn't advertise the products as "In Stock" if they are back ordered. Especially if they are back ordered for 5 months!

Here's the deal, if you want reliable in stock great customer service and you want it from a #1 dealer that's authorized, buy online from scubatoys.

They are the best.

John at Oronogo has some items there forsale as well so maybe he can help you out on what you need, or travel another hour further and visit Scubasports at Branson. He's a great guy and has good deals, fair diving at TableRock as well. There's another as well, State Park Marina has some scuba gear forsale and on some items fair prices as well.

I know Oronogo is close to you, I'd dive there if it was that close to me, and I have dove there in the past. You'll probably have fair vis there.

Ps, now you know why I asked where you were diving, I dive down south quite often and know some of the good shops there. I also haven't seen you post in the midwest muck divers, drop by sometime. There's a good group of us there.

When I order something that I need right away I use the TELEPHONE and talk to an order taker or a sales person. I ask if the item is in stock and can be shipped by what time. If I am not in a hurry for it I go ahead and order on the internet. Seems simple to me.

I had a similar experience from the same place. I placed an order for an item that was "in stock". My card was charged the next day. The day after that I was told the item was back-ordered and would be in in 1 week. 2 weeks later I called them to ask if the item had been shipped. I was told the item was still back-ordered and would be in in 1 week, see a trend here? I cancelled the order and it was almost 6 weeks before my card was refunded (after numerous phone calls). Their lack of customer service and limitless supply of excuses has guaranteed they will never have me as a customer again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom