Angry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Swampdogg:
I don't have a dog in this fight, but as an x-retailer, I hate to see any reputable and good online retailer get slammed for something that is not a good reason. So what if they charged your credit card? Was it a debit card where the money came out of your account? If it was a credit card, you wouldn't even owe anything for it until a couple of weeks after your last statement. and that is plenty of time to credit the account before you have any out of pocket costs.

Like I said, I have had very positive experiences with scuba.com and scubatoys. Be careful how you sling the mud around and damage someone's business.

Swampdogg - I am not saying scuba.com is bad retailer, but common how fair is that for a retailer to charge a customer now and send item in October. I would be ok if they say you know what I am out of product you ordered for and I am going to get it in 2-3 days and to say the cost of running credit card they run everything togeather.
4 months in advance is little too much and if they want to do it atleast call the customer and let them know the situation.

Running out of stock unexpectedly is excusable.
A four month back-order is unusual but not unheard of.
- but -
The message you got is preposterous.
Whoever wrote their software that leaves overnight shipping in place on an order four months+ hence is... well, in need of a little remedial programming help. As a retailer I'd be red-faced embarrassed to let that message go out.
Charging the card four months in advance is preposterous. I wouldn't trust a retailer who does this. (May also be a software problem)
I'd cancel the order and make sure every penny was charged back to me.
But I wouldn't be angry.
Rick

but still....save anger for female infanticide.--not retail.

catherine96821:
but still....save anger for female infanticide.--not retail.
I wuz editing while you were typing... :)
Agree this incident isn't up to "Anger" standards.
Rick

and remember..."one hundred years, all new people"
that always keeps my coronaries relaxed.

It's an online store, the site offered OVERNIGHT shipping... don't blast the OP because he waited. It was a service offered by the website and they didn't follow through. Also, the website offers online purchases, why should he have to call them after!?

Funny. scuba.com is paying for two banners Im looking at right now on SB yet they cant respond to your problem. Kind of mutes the point. I usualy stick up for retailers I have dealt with but i have heard no good reason from anyone why I should ever order from these people.

I am having a very good experience with Dive Right In ScUBa.

So good...I don't want to say, I feel a little guilty. All I can say is sometimes new guys try harder....and they are in the midwest, consistent with my "retail is superior in the midwest" for some reason.

Wildcard:
Funny. scuba.com is paying for two banners Im looking at right now on SB yet they cant respond to your problem. Kind of mutes the point. I usualy stick up for retailers I have dealt with but i have heard no good reason from anyone why I should ever order from these people.

Our customers and those who know us have said all that needs to be said.

I ordered a radar from West Marine a few years ago, and an extended warranty.
Several days later I received a very small box containing the warranty. Separately the same day I received a letter telling me the radar was no longer stocked.
Wasn't very happy when I called them...
Luckily they had just merged with BoatUS and found one in their stock.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom