And I thought norcal water was cold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aloha....

My name is DMJulie and I am addicted to diving.

ScubaDuba723 - I do work for a scuba shop and am diving 3-4 days a week and working in the shop so I get to talk about scuba 7 days a week.
You have go to come out and visit Kauai and warm up that scuba gear.

Water temp on my dive today was 74 degrees.

oh my god thats like the best life! I am thinking about going to University of Hawaii for College so who knows maybe i might join a scuba shop as well. Next time i am in Kauai I'll make sure to stop by.

My name is SteveAD and I'm a divaholic from mass. I recognized the pictures immediately as Folly and then noticed this was a Norcal thread. Folly is one of my favorite sites. Anyone coming to this part of the country, feel free to call me and I'll take you there.

I have heard that it is really nice in the summer, other than the heat and humidity making drysuits uncomfortable and the 47 degree water being a little cold for wetsuits. The cold during the winter really isnt so bad..its the wind that gets to you.

Well, maybe Oct would be best then...I can't imagine getting into my undergarment in that heat. :wink:

36 degrees!

Your manliness is bigger than my manliness...

Well, perhaps yours is smaller now!

Go to this site: National Data Buoy Center
Click on the area you are at and find a bout near you. Many of them will have the surface water temps.

Station 44029 - Buoy A0102 - Mass. Bay/Stellwagen shows a nice warm 38F right now.

Bikini and Spedo Time!

My 14 year-old is doing drysuit training at Folly this weekend. Brrrr!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom