And I thought norcal water was cold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The name of the site was Folly Cove, up in cape anne, about 50 minutes north of boston.

I lived in Waltham when I was a kid and we used to go to Gloucester for vacation. I'd love to dive there sometime but I think I'd rather do it in the summer...at least the land temps would be warmer. :wink:

I have heard that it is really nice in the summer, other than the heat and humidity making drysuits uncomfortable and the 47 degree water being a little cold for wetsuits. The cold during the winter really isnt so bad..its the wind that gets to you.

The name of the site was Folly Cove, up in cape anne, about 50 minutes north of boston.

I thought it might be Folly's.

Had a dive there a few years back after a heavy snow fall, my buddy stepped off of the parking area on what he thought was the path down and got stuck in a 5' snow drift.

If you keep to the "cliff" on the right hand side there are a lot of anomies that make for good silhouette photos.

Omfg I want to live in Kauai So badly Do you ever get Island fever?

I live In Del Mar California so the warmest our water ever gets are low 60s

If I lived in Kauai i would work for a scuba shop and log like 400 dives a yr =P

Admit it. If all we had to dive was 38 degrees on the east coast off some northeast shoreline, we would be out there with no less frequency. We are fortunate here, and we would still call ourselves fortunate even if we had to dive with snow on the ground, because there is is no bad temperature, there is only bad gear.

My name is Divenomad, and I'm addicted to diving. Where is the nearest watery patch?

Nomad :cool2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom