American Airlines just stopped...?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
Sabre (their flight scheduling system) is down. Some IT heads are going to roll!
I suspect a cyber attack. Wow, maybe 1/4 million people stuck in airports...?!

Update from AA:

[h=5]UPDATE as of 3:30pm CDT: Our systems have been fully restored, however we expect continued flight delays and cancellations throughout the remainder of the day. We have made several options available to our customers:

If customers must travel today and are already at the airport, they can rebook on another airline by visiting an American Airlines agent or by going to the other airline’s ticket counter with their electronic ticket number.

If customers must travel today and are not yet at the airport, they can rebook through American Airlines reservations or through another carrier and American will honor the fare difference.

If a customer chooses not to travel today, there will be no charge for reservation changes or a full refund will be provided.

It is important to note we see no evidence that today’s technical outage is related to the tragic events in Boston.

We will continue to provide more information throughout the day as we make progress in resolving this issue. We apologize to our customers and our people for this inconvenience.[/h]

I'm curious as to the cause of their system failure; must have affected any backup systems as well. Not even a Disaster Recovery (live) site was enabled. Odd.

Still not much news. Just damage control, but I guess that's all they can attempt for now.

My wifes a Flight Attendant for AA. She is currently in the middle of a 3 day trip. She confirmed that it was Sabre but of course has no visibility into what happened. IM also in the IT world so if I hear anything I'll post it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom