American airline troubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think that "mechanical problem" is a catchall term that could mean just about anything. I think it's spin doctoring to make the delay more palatable to inconvenienced passengers; no one wants to fly in a broken plane.
That is what we thought too, but after talking with the aircraft crew, it really was a maintenance issue. Judging by the way the pilot landed at MIA, it is no wonder they had a flat tire prior to picking us up in Cozumel!!

That is what we thought too, but after talking with the aircraft crew, it really was a maintenance issue. Judging by the way the pilot landed at MIA, it is no wonder they had a flat tire prior to picking us up in Cozumel!!
I have no doubt that sometimes the issue is indeed a mechanical, as in aviation hardware, issue, but I would be willing to bet that other issues sometimes get swept into that classification for PR concerns.

heir spokesman on the radio yesterday blamed it on the weather, but other airlines haven't had problems that I know of and the weather lately has not been unusual.
They claim that to avoid paying for hotels, etc.

I have no doubt that sometimes the issue is indeed a mechanical, as in aviation hardware, issue, but I would be willing to bet that other issues sometimes get swept into that classification for PR concerns.
Delay coding is an art, a black art, but still an art

They claim that to avoid paying for hotels, etc.
Expecting a room is aging yourself. Pretty damn rare anymore. After sleeping one night on concrete at the Torreon MX airport when the government, with the help the Sinaloa Cartel, were taking the town back from the Zeta's I started carrying one of these
1637628208270.png

Expecting a room is aging yourself. Pretty damn rare anymore.
They furnished me a Marriott the last time I got stuck overnight on the way home, and more recently a cheap-bid hotel when they screwed up and got us to Roatan a day late in July.

Expecting a room is aging yourself. Pretty damn rare anymore. After sleeping one night on concrete at the Torreon MX airport when the government, with the help the Sinaloa Cartel, were taking the town back from the Zeta's I started carrying one of these
View attachment 692295
There are at least 1/2 dozen reasons that I buy trip insurance. Sleeping in a bed vs airport would be one.

There are at least 1/2 dozen reasons that I buy trip insurance. Sleeping in a bed vs airport would be one.
Welcome to 2021, have experienced this multiple times this year, domestically, find a room available. The hotel industry also has post Covid spool up issues. Have had the airlines booking contractor spend 5-6 hours finding me a room and then billing issues cause a delay in the lobby. While waiting to work it out have watched a steady stream of travelers looking for a room only to be told there are no rooms available in a 50 mile radius.

Welcome to 2021, have experienced this multiple times this year, domestically, find a room available. The hotel industry also has post Covid spool up issues. Have had the airlines booking contractor spend 5-6 hours finding me a room and then billing issues cause a delay in the lobby. While waiting to work it out have watched a steady stream of travelers looking for a room only to be told there are no rooms available in a 50 mile radius.
Some people get rooms, some do not.
Watch me.
Billing issues?? For god's sake, pay it and get reimbursed.

View attachment 692295
Hey! I have one of those too! I used it on the bed at Casa Del Mar!!!!! (true story)

Back
Top Bottom