American airline troubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

we just got the bad news from American about our upcoming January trip, to many crazy changes to stomach. from multiple days/layovers to forced bag drags. we are going to give Volaris a shot. wish us luck!
We just completed the Bag Drag for the second time....its pretty easy...well worth not having to connect or fly AA!

we just got the bad news from American about our upcoming January trip, to many crazy changes to stomach. from multiple days/layovers to forced bag drags. we are going to give Volaris a shot. wish us luck!
Can you expound on these changes please? We are flying American to Coz in three weeks and I just checked, no changes that I am aware of. We flew American in March to Coz and had zero problems as well. Trying to stay ahead of a problem, thanks.

the short version of those changes are, we either must layover for the night in Dallas or do the bag drag and fly out of Cancun( with no cost savings). we have chose to book with Volaris instead. flying thru Mexico City now.

We are flying American to Coz in three weeks and I just checked, no changes that I am aware of.
I'm flying down in 12 days. Our only AA flight changes since booking in Feb., both there and back home, were in Sept. Kind of expected to get at least one more change, but it hasn't happened yet!!

I'm flying down in 12 days. Our only AA flight changes since booking in Feb., both there and back home, were in Sept. Kind of expected to get at least one more change, but it hasn't happened yet!!
Us too. We are on Saturday, the early flight getting in at 1:11. We figure we have a shot at the later flight if that gets canceled. Bad thing us getting up at 3AM.

Us too. We are on Saturday, the early flight getting in at 1:11. We figure we have a shot at the later flight if that gets canceled. Bad thing us getting up at 3AM.

Yes...we were changed from arriving at 12:25 to 1:11. Guess we will be on the same flight. Not sure what we (me, my wife, and friends) were thinking flying the Sat. after Thanksgiving!! We live by the airport in Indy, but my wife will want us there at least 2 hours early, so we're up at 3 also.

Well maybe we might have to change our trip from Coz to St. Martin or similar. Diving stinks but I dont want to spend an overnight in Dallas or sitting around bc of AA's inability to schedule properly.

Well maybe we might have to change our trip from Coz to St. Martin or similar. Diving stinks but I dont want to spend an overnight in Dallas or sitting around bc of AA's inability to schedule properly.
Unless we want to have Uber pick us up between 3:00 - 3:30 am, we overnight in DFW, or IAH. We enjoy the break, and actually feel rested when we arrive on the island.

We choose hotels that offer free shuttle service and free breakfast for around $70.00 - $80.00.

Our return flights are at much more agreeable times.

We must have luck on our side with AA. Have flown on AA to Coz 8 times in the last 2 years without a glitch. I usually books several months in advance and yes there were minor schedule changes but nothing major that required us to make changes to our schedule. We fly out of PDX so most of the time we spend the night in DFW, there are direct red-eye or super early flights but we like the lay-over in DFW so we are rested up when we arrive in Coz.

We must have luck on our side with AA. Have flown on AA to Coz 8 times in the last 2 years without a glitch. I usually books several months in advance and yes there were minor schedule changes but nothing major that required us to make changes to our schedule. We fly out of PDX so most of the time we spend the night in DFW, there are direct red-eye or super early flights but we like the lay-over in DFW so we are rested up when we arrive in Coz.
FWIW most of their troubles have been in the last few months.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom