American airline troubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Me? I think the next trip will be midweek in and out - fewer folks to contend with.
Yes, my priorities are (in order) DL, UA, AA, and midweek over weekend. UA over DL ONLY because I have status on UA.
The priority matrix looks like this; price might adjust this a bit, but AA on a weekend will always be the last priority.
Mid-WeekWeekend
AA56
DL24
UA13

I disagree; sleeping in an airport was never cool. Airport seating is designed to discourage sleeping.
That's why they put installed floors :wink: ... Did it too many times in Vegas - I think ATL or ORD would be better - way too much noise from the Bandits in Vegas ...

My wife’s no dummy…she went to the area with the reclined chairs.

I think that the worst part of all this is that you won't know that your flight is canceled until you are checked out of your hotel and in the airport with all your stuff. If you found out a day or two in advance that you'd be on a later flight or even if you'd have to stay a day or two longer, you could deal with it proactively to keep from having a terrible experience at the end of your vacation.

CZM flights - almost all are down and back from the USA. Why not look at the inbound flight for your trip? If it's not operating - maybe reconsider the trip to the Cozumel airport?

CZM just isn't that busy. Today you have an AA DFW trip and a UA IAH trip. AA is two hours late leaving DFW - might be canceled.

Does your carrier have only one inbound to CZM on your departure day? Order another margarita and see if your bed is available for another night? Or bust out google flights?

A few sharp folks last Saturday made it home by flying to MEX and then a connection or two to get home.

Cancellation - UA gives you a rebook option from their app. Maybe that works. Status is good - 1k with UA and you will get the best of options.

Sunday last? AA canceled both the DFW and MIA flights.

Our flight to CZM is through MIA is on a Monday and early enough that, hopefully, if we get bumped we'll still get in on Monday. Going home, we leave CZM on Monday arrive in DFW that night. We leave DFW the next morning. So again, hoping we'll have time for flexibility if it's needed. Also, glad to have the Admirals Club to retreat to if things go sideways.

American Airlines is having troubles again. They canceled hundreds of flights over the weekend .....

AA has cancelled almost 2,000 flights to date

I am not going to CZM again until

(a) I do not have to travel through Texas to fly there, or
(b) Delta starts flying there.

Yes, my priorities are (in order) DL, UA, AA, and midweek over weekend. UA over DL ONLY because I have status on UA.
The priority matrix looks like this; price might adjust this a bit, but AA on a weekend will always be the last priority.
Mid-WeekWeekend
AA56
DL24
UA13
A better plan might be to consider planning travel to occur at the beginning or middle of the month before crews reach their allotted maximum monthly flight time.

A better plan might be to consider planning travel to occur at the beginning or middle of the month before crews reach their allotted maximum monthly flight time.
I agree, important, but that is an additional constraint, not an instead-of constraint.

Airport seating is designed to discourage sleeping.

Actually, the United States is one of the few countries that discourages sleeping in the airport. The rest of the world is civilized and accommodates travelers who need a bit of sleep.

Actually, the United States is one of the few countries that discourages sleeping in the airport. The rest of the world is civilized and accommodates travelers who need a bit of sleep.
That's not surprising <cynical remark removed>.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom