Ambergris Caye Diving Spreadsheet

How should this spreadsheet be edited?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Equally, take TripAdvisor with a large pinch of salt. It's unmoderated and too many posts are spoof, whether positive or negative.

I agree about TripAdvisor website...... it is full of hotel and resort employees writing negative reports about their competition and giving false info. I don't take much printed there seriously. One of the worst trip reports I read a few years ago was about a dive big resort - the person ranted about how horrible it was, noting that they didn't get fresh towels for the pool each day, and that when they overslept and missed the dive boat one morning they didn't get a refund! Yeah, right...

I agree about TripAdvisor website...... it is full of hotel and resort employees writing negative reports about their competition and giving false info. I don't take much printed there seriously. One of the worst trip reports I read a few years ago was about a dive big resort - the person ranted about how horrible it was, noting that they didn't get fresh towels for the pool each day, and that when they overslept and missed the dive boat one morning they didn't get a refund! Yeah, right...

Can anybody answer my question about cell phones or should I just go and **** myself? Thank You and tip your waitress.

Can anybody answer my question about cell phones or should I just go and **** myself? Thank You and tip your waitress.
I suggest you take your second option, depending just what you mean by ****.

this thread was to discuss they OP's spreadsheet and how useful it is. If you have a different subject to discuss or questions to ask, you should start your own post. People who know the answer will jump in when they know what you are asking and it isn't buried in a thread on a different subject. Okay? :coffee:

this thread was to discuss they OP's spreadsheet and how useful it is. If you have a different subject to discuss or questions to ask, you should start your own post. People who know the answer will jump in when they know what you are asking and it isn't buried in a thread on a different subject. Okay? :coffee:

It's a simple question , if you have the wherewithall to answer this query and have been to Ambergriss, then you should be able to respond in an intelligent manner.

I'll say please once again. ..................... Thank You.

Hi Jumblies,

Nice work! I guess from my perspective, keeping a sheet like this up to date, will prove to be an imposing task. Only the real pros, or active native divers will really know the details. Just the fact that the operators you've listed were willing to share data with you, is a testimony to their reputation. Dive operations on the Island are very competitive. Good for the consumer/diver; but not so much for the Operators.
I have to agree with Peter. The first thing a visiting diver should do is pin down where they'd like to stay. Finding dive operators is best done directly with the operators, and not as a Hotel/Dive package. AC has so many very good operations, that if you do feel uncomfortable with one, it's pretty simple to find another.

It's a simple question , if you have the wherewithall to answer this query and have been to Ambergriss, then you should be able to respond in an intelligent manner.

I'll say please once again. ..................... Thank You.
Hi Mawg,
Your question isn't really that simple, and it's really not posted in the right thread.
Yes, your cell phone will probably work. No, you probably won't get the same experience you had in Cozumel. In fact, you might not be able to make a call. It all depends on who you're using for a cell carrier? ( GSM, Tri-mode?).
I think you're best bet is to try another thread. List your cell carrier, and also query your cellular provider.
Peter

Hi Mawg,
Your question isn't really that simple, and it's really not posted in the right thread.
Yes, your cell phone will probably work. No, you probably won't get the same experience you had in Cozumel. In fact, you might not be able to make a call. It all depends on who you're using for a cell carrier? ( GSM, Tri-mode?).
I think you're best bet is to try another thread. List your cell carrier, and also query your cellular provider.
Peter

Thanks Gator for your very kind response. I stayed on St. Georges Cay back in 1995 and couldn't get my cell phone to work there. Hopefully, things will be better this trip to A C.

My suggestion would be to add the date and source for any pricing in your spreadsheet. Otherwise, a year from now the data may or may not be accurate.

Also, if you allow anyone to update the spreadsheet, then you kind of lose control over the thing; don't be surprised if it grows a life of its own on the Intarwebz. OTOH, do you really want to be in charge of maintaining this two years from now?

Thanks Gator for your very kind response. I stayed on St. Georges Cay back in 1995 and couldn't get my cell phone to work there. Hopefully, things will be better this trip to A C.
This is definitely the wrong thread for this. This thread is about "dive ops in Ambergris Caye", not "cell phones in Ambergris Caye".

I started a response but your whole "should I just go and **** myself?" discussion really put me off. You'd like an intelligent answer, maybe asking an intelligent question is a better approach?

Instead of threadjacking this thread, why don't you start a new (possibly more civil) thread here or even in the General Travel and Vacation forum? There is a lot of complexity involved in cell phone technology that make it impossible to answer your question without (a) having a lot of caveats in the answer or (b) knowing a lot more about your provider, phone, type of service, etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom