Dive Calculation Spreadsheet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EFX

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Back by popular demand. Well, maybe not so popular. This is a major revision of a dive Excel spreadsheet (ss)
I created that displays the tissue compartment pressures for up to five profiles. Each profile can contain four
depths and times. The ss will support NDL and deco dives using any mix of gas containing nitrogen and helium
using two main and two deco gasses. It suppoprts imperial and metric units, base altitude changes, fresh and
salt water, DSAT and Buhlmann tables, adjustable deco stop intervals and last stop depths, and more. It will
let you override deco stops to show you the status of your tissues if you decide to make an emergency
ascent to the surface.

I added the capability to use surface oxygen. The %O2 and the O2 interval time can be adjusted as well as the
time for the air interval. Since this added one more column to the data section I added gas usage. I updated
the code to support the 1/5 rule for ICD DCS risk and a program counter to aid in determining whether the
program ran regardless of display changes. Added automatic cell formatting of depth, descent/ascent rates,
and SAC rate upon selection of units. With this revision metric users will have greater resolution in setting
the data for dive profiles including the display of calculated data.

I changed the deco ceiling calculation formula which made the results more consistent with other dive planning
software. Fixed the bad surface pressure formula and bad conversion to metric units. Fixed the %AoM calculation. Fixed switching to main2 gas using the switch depth. Added deco stops when switching to deco gasses. Made the display of dive profiles faster. Updated the DIVE_HELP sheet to reflect the changes and added time and SAC conversion to the CALC sheet. You get all this for the one low price of ..... no, it's free. What are you waiting for, check it out.

dive_061019_v25_0.xls

Tried to download.
Kept getting blocked by my Anti-Virus software (Norton):
Reporting known dangerous web-site (file).
Is there a problem with the file or the host site?

Tried to download.
Kept getting blocked by my Anti-Virus software (Norton):
Reporting known dangerous web-site (file).
Is there a problem with the file or the host site?

Hi, sorry for the late reply. There is no problem with the file and I was able to download it myself from the web site. If you are still having problems PM me and I'll email it to you.

Sorry I can download but it does not download as a xls format.. It downloads as html.
Clicking on link just goes to this:
upload_2019-6-23_7-44-5.png

Thanks.

Are you on a PC? You are only seeing part of the screen.... there is a download icon

upload_2019-6-23_7-47-20.png

Thanks rhwestfall for pointing this out. Version 26.0 is coming soon. It will have the capability of displaying both inert gases (N2 and He) for the TC compartments. Plus there are some bug fixes.

This version gives you the ability to show the tissue compartment pressures for both nitrogen and helium as
when trimix is used. I don't know why I didn't include this capability in a prior version. It seems obvious
to me now to include it. Fixed a bug in applying HT multipliers for N2 and He. Changed CTC highlight colors
based on the gases used. Changed high limit for GFHi to 150. Fixed displaying of Dsat HT's. Added display
of the HT multiplier.

dive_062419_v26_0.xls

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom