Dive Report - Ambergris Caye w/ Ecologic - Feb 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just returned from Ambergris and had an unusual experience with Ecologic.
After great communication about my trip with Shelly (who you will read many positive posts about) I arrive to find out that she is gone and there are changes occuring there.
I found out alot about what transpired and the bottom line is, the place is having issues with communication and scheduling since she is gone. The dive were still quite nice, no real complaint about bottom time, only issues was the dive master should have coordinated the safaety stops better (my 15 year old daughter need to get some cues from me as opposed to him.) The rumor is that there are more changes and that Shelly might be returning; I would be hesitent to go back there unless she it there. There are too many other operators that are reliable like amigos del mar or scuba school belize.

Bummer. I hope they get a decent trip manager in there, the DMs were fun, relaxed and knowledgeable and the equipment and boats are nice. Who were your DMs? I'm curious if Charlie and Marcos are still workin' with Ecologic.

We has Marcos, he was very good; only issue was a better coordinated safety stop.
For ym self, I do not care that much but a novice diver might have come up a bit early the way he ran it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom