Am i going insane or how many tanks you need :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

let me count the tanks in the garage...
Two mp100's that i use for single tank diving
one hp120 that gets used only for socal dive boats
two hp80's that my daughter uses
two al80 deco tanks
two al40 deco tanks
two al30 deco tanks
one al30 pony tank
one al80 neutral tank that i should cull out.
One set of lp108's
one set of lp95's
two lp45 deco tanks
for the compressor and/or mixing gases: 5 bank bottles, 1 oxygen bottle, 1 helium bottle.

Almost all get used on a regular basis. :shocked2:

[over acheiver....lol:d

Man, I only have 4 tanks (2 HP 100's, 1 HP 119, 1 LP 108). I feel very "little". I better buy some more (and help the economy).

In the interest of protecting the environment and reducing waste, I hereby nominate myself as the Northern California Regional Unwanted Tank Depository. :D

7 HP100s
2 HP80s
2 AL80s (which I need to get off my butt and sell)
1 AL18ish stage.
1 AL11ish that I have argon I can transfer hose in a pinch
2 LP8 Argon bottles

All the HP tanks are so we can get through a holiday where the shops are
closed early the day before, and all day on the holiday.

Chuck

I'm (as of a couple days ago) up to...

2 x HP100
2 x HP80
2 x LP85

The HP100s are my go-to tanks for singles diving. The 80's are backup tanks for ocean days with classes (I can usually do two short OW class dives on one 100, but just in case...), or if I'm thinking I might need to drag somebody around a bit.

The 85s are my latest addition and are just sitting there with a few hundred pounds each, anxiously awaiting the purchase of some 7" bands and a manifold. I picked up the set used for under $200, and they're in decent enough shape to make for some good introductory doubles.:D

Congrats on the 85s -- they make wonderful doubles!

I think I am well under control:

HP120x2 as my Doubles
Two Aluminum 80's for stage/deco
Two Aluminum 40's for deco
One Aluminum 6 for Argon
And a spare Aluminum 13 that I currently do not use for anything and should be sold or traded for another Aluminum 6.

I may add another set of doubles for when I start diving mix, so that I have a set ready with 32 for recreational dives. Perhaps a set of neutral aluminum 80's, a set of HP100's to just another set of HP120's.

The 85s are my latest addition and are just sitting there with a few hundred pounds each, anxiously awaiting the purchase of some 7" bands and a manifold. I picked up the set used for under $200, and they're in decent enough shape to make for some good introductory doubles.:D

Doubles! Awesome Brian! You're going to love them! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom