Am i going insane or how many tanks you need :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dannobee thanks! i'll print your response to show that i still need a lot of tanks to get. :)

I'm his neighbor & I have a big garage & am happy to "store" the overflow of his tank obsession :wink:! :rofl3:

Just kidding Andrew. I only have 2 single HP100's, a set of HP100 doubs & a little Argon bottle.

They seem to do the job at a recreational level, but I can't deny that I'm having tank envy!

I am starting to feel pretty good about my tank breeding program. Mine is small and contained in comparison.

Double HP100's
2 HP100's
2 HP130's
1 Al80
2 LP6 argon

Sold another HP100 and gave away a nice steel 72 recently trying to empty out the garage some.

I only need enough tanks to get me by on a three day camping trip to the North Coast doing two dives per day. Sometimes when headed to Monterey I bring a few tanks to whip into my doubles so I do not need to buy fills.

Oh, I forgot, I also have access to use any time (24/7):

6 sets of HP100's
4 AL80 deco tanks
8 AL40 deco tanks
10-15 various other tanks
20cfm compressor with 12 bank bottles, 3 oxygen bottles, 1 helium bottle, 1 argon bottle. And a kick ass fill station.

And I also own three Haskel boosters. :shocked2:

I want a Haskel :( I was just talking with one of my friends tonight about either building a cheapo booster from a hydraulic cylinder or a demand reg (Got a 2nd stage just need a first stage) for argon filling. The bag trick might work too. Then I do not have to do more than fill my welding bottle when needed. Cheap fills for a cheap person? Yeah whatever...

hmm whats Haskel, isnt it a programming language? If it can be used with my tanks i want one.

hmm whats Haskel, isnt it a programming language? If it can be used with my tanks i want one.

Setting up a filling station in your garage happens at the advanced phase of the tank mania disorder and can result in marital disolution is not treated early after the initial infection of seeing it in your buddy's garage.

Funny. I've found that a pair of LP19's and an AL80 or two covers just about all my diving needs at the moment. :wink:

Let's see . . . the two of us care for and feed:

2 sets of HP100s for tech dives

2 sets of LP72s. Not sure how that happened. The first set was my trainer doubles. The second set just seemed like a good idea. I hate them. Peter will dive them.

1 set of LP85s. Those are my "diving doubles where I don't need them so I stay in practice" tanks, as well as my Tech 1 tanks, but it's a pain when I fill them with something expensive and then don't get to use them, like now, which is why I have the 100s.

2 LP95s, which are my single tanks
2 HP130s, which are Peter's single tanks.

4 Al40s, because each of us needs one for 100% and one for 50%. I think. Anyway, we ended up with four.

1 LP72 left over.

2 Al6's for Argon
1 Al13 that we got as part of a big bulk purchase, that we use as an Argon repository.

I think we're pretty much through. We could sell a set of 72s and probably a set of 100s, but why? They don't eat much.

I read recently that, after years of extensive research and taking into account for recreational, technical and Hogarthian-style diving, there is - at last - a scientific formula for determining the necessary amount of tanks that diver must own.

X=Y+1

Where X = the number of required tanks and Y = the number of tanks currently owned.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom