Aluminum toxicity?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

duplicate............................................

Notso_Ken:
All I've EVER seen for ductwork is aluminum. They sure don't make it from steel! Too heavy, not easy enough to work with.

Ken

Gavanized steel sheet metal is all they use around here. That or tin, which is more expensive. 18 to 25 gage steel is pretty light. You can cut with snips and bend it by hand. That gauge in aluminum would be too flimsy.

Sounds like time for a new specialty course -- Tank Licking :)
In this class the student will learn:
-Which metals are OK to lick?
-Is there any harm in licking the tank post dive, or only pre?
-Will excessive licking raise the tank temperature too much, risking a burst disk failure?
-Tank licking and DCS

Prerequisite: AOD (Advanced Obsessive Diver)

RV:
waffle house is the true danger

Now why did you have to go and bring a fine institution like Waffle House in to this?!? :no

:D :D :D

Scuba-Bill:
Now why did you have to go and bring a fine institution like Waffle House in to this?!? :no

:D :D :D

JahJahwarrior:
What the heck is Waffle House doing in your scuba tank?!?
they use evil aluminum pans:D

Even if there was a problem with Aluminium it doesnt stay as Aluminium if it exposed to air. It reacts to create a layer of Aluminium oxide which cling hard to the surface and then will not react with air so that there wouldnt be any Al in the air you breathe.

This also applies for beer cans (thank god). Although if it didnt i think your liver would give in way before your brain....

Matt

Notso_Ken:
All I've EVER seen for ductwork is aluminum. They sure don't make it from steel! Too heavy, not easy enough to work with.

Ken

Mmmm I almost always see galvanized steel ducts around here.

This came up a while back and as I recall there were some pretty compelling posts dismissing that whole aluminum / Alzheimer's relationship.

A study of Caribbean dive masters could be telling.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom