Aloha Nor Cal divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, so I may be moving to Lemoore and since I am currently living on Kauai and diving in warm water, I am a little not so excited about diving in nor cal. (brrrrrr)

What are going to be my options for diving?
What is the temp?
Drive time?
Shore/Boat? Ocean/Lake?
Who do you dive with/dive shops?

Any info on diving would be helpful.

Happy Diving,

Aloha,
I've seen you at the landing but never been properly introduced. Sorry to hear about your possible move from Kauai. Will warn ya the water is cold in Cali. I grew up in Socal and have family up North but did all my certifications here so as you know I got spoiled with the warm H20. I have yet to dive up North but I have been to Catalina on several occassions. If your down that way it is beautiful diving. I dove at the Avalon from shore and it was a blast. Cold but a blast!

Have fun in Cali if your path takes you there!

Aloha

Catalina sounds fun. I have friends in SoCal that love diving there.
I am going to really miss diving in Kauai. All my certs were done here, so I know what you mean about being spoiled with the warm water here. I actually have been getting cold on my dives so I am starting to wear a 7mm suit for the rest of the winter. (new one just arrived today) Hopefully we will get to stay here another year, but I am not going to hold my breath.

Next time you are at the landing, come over and say hi.

Last edited:
Definitely! that's so funny I just got a new wet suit today too (the ups man must have been busy) I've been diving off the boat and getting chilly bo billy out there. I went for the 3-5-3. I'm praying that is will keep me warm enough this winter. I wore a 7 m at Catalina (it wasn't enough for me) and the water was 53 degrees! but I felt so bulky so I'm going to slowly move up the chain. I'm sure I'll break down and get a 7 here soon. Either way have a great day see ya@ the landing!

If you are diving the ca. coast I would recomend at least a 6 to 7 mill wet suit if not thicker, idealy either a semi dry or dry suit is the way to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom