All you Texans post here!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While I was still in Texas I had no idea there were so many divers there. WOW! If anyone is planing a dive trip to Okinawa Japan, send mea message and I'll look after helping you get set up over here.

I don't own a shop or anything; Just looking to help out anyone from back home.

I live near Amarillo.

Where can you dive in Texas (DFW area); I am currently working in the DFW area and I wonder where can you go diving in the area? Or at least within a 4 hour drive.

simonlid:
Where can you dive in Texas (DFW area); I am currently working in the DFW area and I wonder where can you go diving in the area? Or at least within a 4 hour drive.

Take a look here -
http://www.dive-spot.com/scubareviews/Texasreviews.php

I think the closest is in Terrell - "Clear Springs". I've been there a couple of times - it's about 1.5 - 2 hours SE of Dallas, depending on where you start from, how much you care to pay the county mounty for speeding etc...

They have air, porta-potties and some picnic tables, and some interesting bits scattered around the bottom of the spring. including training platforms. Vis when I was there was 20 feet or so both times. $20 if I recall.

By the way, if you're new to the area - the mother ship of dive shops - Scubatoys - is on 35E head'n north, just past LBJ. I don't have a monetary interest in them, but they've always treated me right and have good reviews on this board.

Markdone:
Take a look here -
http://www.dive-spot.com/scubareviews/Texasreviews.php

I think the closest is in Terrell - "Clear Springs".

Since I am here alone (my wife had to stay at home) I am without a buddy; what do you think the chances are there will be someone there lets say during a weekend that I can buddy up with?

Markdone:
By the way, if you're new to the area - the mother ship of dive shops - Scubatoys - is on 35E head'n north, just past LBJ. I don't have a monetary interest in them, but they've always treated me right and have good reviews on this board.

I have actually been there already :D and bought some stuff. They seem to be a friendly bunch.

simonlid:
Since I am here alone (my wife had to stay at home) I am without a buddy; what do you think the chances are there will be someone there lets say during a weekend that I can buddy up with?

Watch the Texas Swamp Divers Forum here on the board. There's almost always some of us at CSSP on the weekends, and we usually post about it in that forum. You're more than welcome to come out and join us, we like meeting new victims....er...dive buddies :D

Seriously, watch the forum, let us know you're coming, and we'll always be happy to show you around. Lots of us, myself included, don't have regular buddies. We just meet up out there and have a good time, the more the merrier.

simonlid:

I have actually been there already :D and bought some stuff. They seem to be a friendly bunch.

I'd say show up early and hang around the main entrance. Some of the OW classes would probably not want you dragging one of their students away, but other than that I'm sure you'll find someone.

When I travel on business to places near dive sites, I try to take me gear and have always found divers ready and willing to share the water with me.

Be warned about the Texas Swamp Diver crowd - some are aggies. (where men are men, and sheep are afraid).

Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom