Alert Diver (print) not included with regular DAN membership

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't want the paper magazine with my enhanced membership, I am very happy with PDF's. I don't have the space for it and rather save some tree branches.
I totally agree with you, when we moved from the states to the island, I realized how many magazines I still had. I ended up giving all but my Wreckdiver mags away. I couldn't part with the WDs though so i found room in the container.

I commented about this too on another thread, but as an update while reading what might be my last hard copy Alert Diver today, I noticed that it said on page 29 that a family enhanced membership is 100.00.
Well, I just renewed with DAN, as I've done since 2004 with our family plan, and that was 140.00, with me currently being the only diver covered.
I just sent DAN an email asking if it's actually cheaper for me to change my renewal to enhanced, as it looks like it would save me 40.00. But, I have the preferred level due to my technical diving.
We'll see what they say. I'm old fashioned to begin with, but also a photojournalist and photographer. I always prefer reading hard copies of things as opposed to online, and with these DAN magazines, I give them to other interested parties to read, and I assume some of them decide to join DAN themselves.

I dunno, there's something about having a physical copy that I really enjoy. Especially if you spend a lot of your day staring at a computer screen already
Also, my copies of Alert Diver end up in the bathroom, er, I mean reading room. I don't take a tablet computer in there with me. It's a last refuge from technology.

I’ll be happy to get a digital edition. Saves paper. Don’t have to store or throw it out. I’m already used to reading The New York Times and The Economist digitally (the latter free through my library). My current membership doesn’t renew until November.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom