Diving in to DAN membership/insurance for the first time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CycleCat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I've been looking at the DAN website the last month or two looking at options before a week long trip to Curacao next month and trying to understand how the various options will work together. Choosing the Enhanced membership option over Regular adds coverage for search & rescue, global security evacuation and disease & quarantine coverage. But if I choose the lower price options for accident insurance (Master<Preferred<Guardian), only Guardian says it covers search and rescue. So does Enhanced membership just provide the option of that coverage but only with purchase of the top tier coverage? What then is the advantage of Enhanced membership?

I've been looking at the DAN website the last month or two looking at options before a week long trip to Curacao next month and trying to understand how the various options will work together. Choosing the Enhanced membership option over Regular adds coverage for search & rescue, global security evacuation and disease & quarantine coverage. But if I choose the lower price options for accident insurance (Master<Preferred<Guardian), only Guardian says it covers search and rescue. So does Enhanced membership just provide the option of that coverage but only with purchase of the top tier coverage? What then is the advantage of Enhanced membership?
Call DAN and ask.

Okay, calling DAN is the obvious choice, I only asked because I thought someone here would already know the answer. I called them today and a very polite and helpful person answered all my questions.

Enhanced membership gives some of the benefits of the top tier accident insurance without buying the top tier insurance. You get security evacuation, search and rescue, and quarantine coverage. To top it off, you get the printed version of the DAN magazine in addition to the online-only version (there is just something about holding a book or magazine in your hands that is not provided by a computer or phone). All the dollar limits still apply according to the accident level you buy.

Okay, calling DAN is the obvious choice, I only asked because I thought someone here would already know the answer. I called them today and a very polite and helpful person answered all my questions.

Enhanced membership gives some of the benefits of the top tier accident insurance without buying the top tier insurance. You get security evacuation, search and rescue, and quarantine coverage. To top it off, you get the printed version of the DAN magazine in addition to the online-only version (there is just something about holding a book or magazine in your hands that is not provided by a computer or phone). All the dollar limits still apply according to the accident level you buy.
Thanks for reporting back. Yes, you might have gotten that answer here, but you'd also probably have gotten a lot of incorrect info, and you'd have had to call DAN anyway!

I have Enhanced and it has saved my butt a couple of times, helping me out when neither accident nor travel insurance would pay off.

Back
Top Bottom