Aldora worth the $$$?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey G, who you diving with in May?

diveborg:
You are asking us to make a value judgement for you. It is a very subjective thing.

What are you looking for in a dive OP?

Large tanks? Other OPs have large steel tanks too.

Advanced diving? Even going with an "advanced" OP might not mean going to the advanced dive sites. To insure going to the dive sites you want, charter is the only way to go.

Me being fairly new to Cozumel(1st time back since '89- went last Oct & just went 2 weeks ago also) would like to know the other shops that use hp120's.....Maybe I'll try them next.......I figured it out, went on a Wed & dove thru Saturday 2 weeks ago, spent $450 on 9 dives, had 9.5 hrs of bottom time......Now where I'm used to diving(Roatan), I would have to make 14 dives @ $20/dive(about $300 total) to approach the same BT, so I figure the diving is just more expensive @ CZM....Isn't Christi's diving ~$75 for a 2 tank trip(Aldora's is $87)???....If so, is that 80's or 120's, my ignorance is popping up now.......I can say, Aldora is a 1st class shop like many down there, I would imagine.......

cowboyneal:
Hey G, who you diving with in May?

Hey Cowboy, in looking @ your sig, I was wonderin' did you have to sit @ the front or the back of da bus once you got on???........cuz if you're like me, they throw me off the bus once it starts...........GEAUX TIGERS............

My experience with Cozumel dive operators is limited to a single trip during which I dived with Aldora - I was treated great and had a memorable time.

Doing 18 dives with steel 120s which resulted in over 20 hours of bottom time was a big part of the experience.

ggunn:
Many of the other ops on the island have small groups and fast boats, too.

I and my 2 buddies really enjoyed diving with Aldora. The DM's were nice, curtious,
and safe. the boats are nicely set up, and the service is great. We did 5 days with
Aldora, also including one night dive, and a cenotes dive. I'd definetely go back and
dive with Aldora again.

--Sherpa

diver 85:
Me being fairly new to Cozumel would like to know the other shops that use hp120's....
I know that both living underwater and Liquid Blue use steel LP 120's There might be one or two more that I don't know about.

Many dive op's can get you AL 100's, usually at a small added charge, if you ask.

diver 85:
Me being fairly new to Cozumel(1st time back since '89- went last Oct & just went 2 weeks ago also) would like to know the other shops that use hp120's.....Maybe I'll try them next.......I figured it out, went on a Wed & dove thru Saturday 2 weeks ago, spent $450 on 9 dives, had 9.5 hrs of bottom time......Now where I'm used to diving(Roatan), I would have to make 14 dives @ $20/dive(about $300 total) to approach the same BT, so I figure the diving is just more expensive @ CZM....Isn't Christi's diving ~$75 for a 2 tank trip(Aldora's is $87)???....If so, is that 80's or 120's, my ignorance is popping up now.......I can say, Aldora is a 1st class shop like many down there, I would imagine.......

Living Underwater has LP Steel 95's and 120's and charge $85/2 tank trip, $55 for a 1 tank night dive. LU rates include park fee and tax. Liquid Blue uses HP 100's and 120's and charge $85 + park fee and tax. If it matters, both shops do take credit cards for payment.

If you want the same type of service but prefer an AL80, Blue XT Sea is $75/ 2 tank trip. They can get you AL100's on request. Not sure if there's an additional charge.

As far as I know, most shops charge an additional $10 for a nitrox fill.

There are so many shops to select from in Cozumel. They all dive the same sites so it's just a matter of deciding what type of service extras you want and what you're comfortable paying. Prices range from $50-90 and service ranges from a big slow boat and a bottle of water to small fast boats with water, soft drinks, snacks, fruit, towels, beach SI's, gear storage, etc. Make your choice based on a shop that meets your criteria and is in your price range and you should have a great trip.

I,too, enjoy diving with Aldora. I will be using them on my next trip. However, I am also diving with Living Underwater due to their glowing endorsements.Also, according to my invoice for the deposit LU does indeed charge service tax of 10% on top of the $85. The recent emails for Aldora have indicated a price change but the website does not reflect those changes yet. Aldora is worth the extra change, IMHO.

kentmorrdave:
I,too, enjoy diving with Aldora. I will be using them on my next trip. However, I am also diving with Living Underwater due to their glowing endorsements.Also, according to my invoice for the deposit LU does indeed charge service tax of 10% on top of the $85. The recent emails for Aldora have indicated a price change but the website does not reflect those changes yet. Aldora is worth the extra change, IMHO.

I've been diving with Living Underwater for a few years and was diving with them 3/14-19. When we get our invoice from Jeremy on our last day, it has always been $85/2-tank trip. Nothing additional. He's just started taking credit cards for payment on the island. We always pay by travelers cheque and/or cash. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Back
Top Bottom