Airport Security scrutiny

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've NEVER used a ziploc bag. Mine are always in my shaving kit and I never get questioned.

But after reading how strict they are being, I might reconsider.
All those fees we pay for TSA and you get away with it. :silly:
Coming home on Sat. They made me take out all but 4 batteries and put them in checked baggage.
Really, just pack them there to start with. Save the hassles...
The security screening at the CZM airport is much more strict than I ever encountered in the US. At the risk of being interpreted as a total diva, I was surprised to see hair dryers banned in carry-on bags. If I don't use my hair dryer, I run the risk of looking like Chaka Khan. It is always a carry on essential along with spare underwear, saline and under eye anti-oxidant serum:wink: Batteries inside my camera and dive computer were not an issue. My spare camera batteries were confiscated.
...and losses.
I assume these issues are more about exiting CZM and not arrival?
Yeah, Customs is pretty lax.

All those fees we pay for TSA and you get away with it. :silly:

Really, just pack them there to start with. Save the hassles...

...and losses.

Yeah, Customs is pretty lax.

Well, I do at least keep my containers under 3oz.

So this brings up a dilemma. I'd like to keep my battery in my dive comp so I can bring it home to upload my dives. Hmmmm....

Well, I do at least keep my containers under 3oz.

So this brings up a dilemma. I'd like to keep my battery in my dive comp so I can bring it home to upload my dives. Hmmmm....
I always carry a couple of spare quart bags and share with the needy. It's been a rule for years, but some infrequent travelers don't check.

I've never known of a battery inside a computer, camera, or a pen light being questioned and I carry 2 of each in carry-on or on me. It's loose batteries that pose some risks and require special rules, and of course dive lights with batteries inside can look suspicious on X-ray and be a heat risk - and LED lights look about the same as halogens.

Ive always flown with my dive computer (as the only part of the gear except camera) in my carry-on and have never been questioned with regards to the batteries in either. I havent flown to/from CZM tho, but I do fly a fair bit elsewhere..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom